• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Awright71

This may be a dumb question, but why does the img link not work to Flickr accounts? Is it because they do not link directly to the singular image?

This may be a dumb question, but why does the img link not work to Flickr accounts? Is it because they do not link directly to the singular image?

Probably. Usually (but not always), the link needs to end with an image extension like .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, etc. to display properly.

Looks like you copied th link that's made for forums, you don't need to use the picture button or the img tags with that, they're already on there. That's why you have those extra

Ace Terms

Is there a list of terminology on here that I just can't seem to find? I guess all im looking for is different ace terms like:

ace - when your drive goes in the basket
black ace - when your drive goes in a different hole's basket

Are there any other terms for different aces? Some holes when im trying new discs, i throw a second drive and for my round I always play the first disc, whether it's better or worse but what if this second drive would go in the basket? Is it still just called an ace? I thought I read someone call an ace like that something different once but I have no clue where it was and can't find anything about it. Also is it called anything different if you ace a hole w/o hitting chains? Just curious as to other terms for specific types of aces. Thanks!

If there is a garbage can on a course, in bounds, and my disc lands in it, do I take a penalty?

If I miss a mando, do I take one stroke and play from the lie, or do I take a stroke and throw again?

The guys I played with today argued for two holes after I missed the mando!

Either unwind and go through the mando or take a penalty throw and throw from the drop zone, depending on the course rules or the rules that you established before playing. I've never heard of taking a penalty and just throwing from your original lie though. That doesn't seem fair to me because you could just easily get your par even though you just missed the mando, depending on the hole and the mando.

Most places have drop zones for missed mandos although they're not always well marked. It is perfectly legal to take a penalty throw and rethrow from the tee or where you just threw from. Optional Rethrow rule there.

Either unwind and go through the mando or take a penalty throw and throw from the drop zone, depending on the course rules or the rules that you established before playing. I've never heard of taking a penalty and just throwing from your original lie though. That doesn't seem fair to me because you could just easily get your par even though you just missed the mando, depending on the hole and the mando.

no such thing as 'unwinding' to make a mando. you either throw from the drop zone, or if none is marked, then throw from a line perpendicular to the line from the mando object to the basket. or rethrow from previous lie with a stroke penalty. saving par would require a throw-in at that point.

No unwinding? So what constitutes the mando line a.k.a. point of no return? A line perpendicular to the line from the tee to the mando? I am thinking of a course where there is a one-side-of-the-tree mando and your throw lands on the other side of the tree but very close to it so that you could easily throw "back" and get around the tree. Or are all mandos required to be made on the first shot so that anything on the drive except making the mando is an automatic drop?

Latest posts