• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

This might have been covered before..... but what is the difference between old KC pro plastic (feels more like champ) compared to the newer kc pro plastic (feels more like dx)? Why don't they try to replicate the old stuff? It feels awesome.

This might have been covered before..... but what is the difference between old KC pro plastic (feels more like champ) compared to the newer kc pro plastic (feels more like dx)? Why don't they try to replicate the old stuff? It feels awesome.
Felt some 12x KC Pros yesterday. Felt like complete garbage, slick with no grip on my finger. Then again, I like my putters gummy.

...Interestingly I also asked them why they stamp their DX discs with nice pictures and put relatively boring stamps on most of their premium plastic discs. They neglected to explain this. ':)

Every now and then they make a run of star or champ plastic witha DX stamp, usually from the factory store. I've picked up a Star Classic Roc and a Champ Cobra that have the DX stamp and they look awesome.

Every now and then they make a run of star or champ plastic witha DX stamp, usually from the factory store. I've picked up a Star Classic Roc and a Champ Cobra that have the DX stamp and they look awesome.

Ah, so the best guess is "to sell limited collectible versions of DX stamps in premium plastics." :D

they are totally different types of plastic, not comparable at all.

is there a mark up on pro firebirds since they are OOP

only on the clear champion-type plastic ones, AKA pro line firebirds. if yours is like regular pro plastic (opaque) then it's worth stock price.

I've outgrown my starter bag and have started looking at bigger bags. Why are backpack style bags like Grip so much more expensive than a tourney bag with some straps? Are they really that much better?

I've outgrown my starter bag and have started looking at bigger bags. Why are backpack style bags like Grip so much more expensive than a tourney bag with some straps? Are they really that much better?

I don't think that they are that much better. Some of the backpack style bags have some features that might be worth it to you, though. The Simian comes to mind with the built-in seat.

I would look into some of the gorilla-boy bags, the revo carolina, hyzerbomb atomic, etc if you are looking for bags around 100 bucks.

For a single round, it really doesn't make a difference. If you're playing long tourney rounds or playing several rounds in a day you'll notice a big difference in how comfortable a backpack style back is over a traditional style dg bag. The weight rides higher and is better distributed, and you generally have more room for extra layers, snacks and water.

I think part of the answer to the "why are they so expensive" question is that they're all realtively new to the market. Grip, prodiscus as far as I'm aware are ordering them "custom," from a 3rd party manufacturer, and were at least initially only ordering them as they were ordered by the purchasers.

It's the whole "economy of scale" deal. Once popularity/demand for one of these bags becomes set and obvious, Grip or Prodiscus will be "safe" to order 100s at a time, or get a loan to start up their own manufacturing, or what have you, and the cost of producing them will fall, and thus the price to us tossers will come down.

You can make your own pretty easily for half the price. I like backpacks mostly for the extra storage. It is easier to carry a raincoat or extra water/snacks in the backpack type bags.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21693&page=6
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49552

Is there any Videos out there that might show me how to Hyzer Flip???
I am new to disc golf and am wondering how to accomplish this type of throw... Ive been playing for only months now.

One more question... i usually throw valkyrie discs. I have gotten to the point to where the disc turn on my way too much. I get mad distance but I want something to go straighter. so i purchased a Couple of DX plastic Wraiths and they too turn on me. SO my Question... Would a different type of plastic be more stable for me on the Wraith disc???
I like the disc alot if it didnt turn on me so much.

I have a question for you all... What does CFR mean when referred to a disc???
I know FR means First Run but what is CFR???
Taken from Innova's Website:"Since Innova can not provide cash sponsorship for every tournament or a cash donation for every charity event or fundraiser, we created the Custom Fund Raiser Program (CFR)." Some older discs are referred to as CFR's also, meaning "Champion First Runs"
Is there any Videos out there that might show me how to Hyzer Flip???
I am new to disc golf and am wondering how to accomplish this type of throw... Ive been playing for only months now.
Since you throw a Valkyrie: This
and How to Hyser Flip (not video but very helpful)

One more question... i usually throw valkyrie discs. I have gotten to the point to where the disc turn on my way too much. I get mad distance but I want something to go straighter. so i purchased a Couple of DX plastic Wraiths and they too turn on me. SO my Question... Would a different type of plastic be more stable for me on the Wraith disc???
In short, Champion plastic is more stable and use heavier discs.

Brand new champ Wraith in heavier weights will be really stable off the shelf. I have a beat in 173g champ Wraith that I've been throwing for about 7 months now and it's just starting to give a little turn when thrown flat. Was gonna answer your hyzer flip question too, but see that's already been answered.

Latest posts