• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nor-Cal, Oregon, Washington DGers.

jesseleereed

Bogey Member
My friend is taking a trip from Sacramento to Seattle up the I5. He's looking to try some new courses along the way (within 5-10 miles of I5). Any advice from locals along the way?

Dexter, North Regional, Alton Baker in the Eugene area.

Adair, Bryant in the Corvallis area.

Plenty more in Portland area.

I haven't played that stretch from Sacramento to the Oregon border yet. But starting at the Oregon border there are so many choices along I-5.

In Grants Pass- Tom Pearce Park (18)- Interesting Rec 18
Riverside Park (9)- Fun little city park course.

In Roseburg - Whistlers Bend (18) - Maybe 10 miles off I-5. IMO, this is a top 10 course. Gorgeous scenery, incredible top of the world shot. A don't miss course!

Eugene - Dexter (18) 10 miles off I-5. Another beautiful course but with not quite the beauty as Whistlers and not quite the challenge.

Alton Baker (18) Solid course in Eugene right next to the U of O campus.

Corvallis - Adair Park (18) Nice course about 10 miles off I-5. Just a very nice course.

Portland - Pier Park (18) A lovely, hilly course with towering Douglas Fir trees. Will be used in the Nationals in August.

Blue Lake (18) looking for an extremely challenging professional type course. Here it is. Long, tight with punishing OBs. Designed by Dan Feldberg for the advanced to pro level player. Will also be used in Nats in August.

Milo McIver - A little further off I-5 (Maybe 15-20 miles from Portland) but another top course. The finals of Nats will be played here.

I'm sorry to say but Washington's courses pale in comparison. Not much between Portland and South Seattle.

Kent - South of Seattle - Lake Fenwick- A solid 18 in a thick forest area just off I-5.

Sea-Tac -Just off the north end of the runway near Sea Tac International Airport. Sea Tac DGC (27) is an extremely challenging course for advanced players and beyond. Just re-designed.

Definitely hit up Adair in Corvallis. Unfortunately, Bryant in Albany is underwater for the season and is unplayable for the time being.

Salem Oregon has:
Cascade Gateway Park
Woodmansee Park
Oregon State Hospital (Tone Poles)

Dabney state park in Troutdale, OR is an awesome 18 off 84 east. As others stated Pier Park is the bees knees, a must play.

Just played pier park for the first time, loved it. Also don't forget camp talaoali outside Salem,

For Washington courses, SeaTac has been upgraded to l long 27 hole, was fun and tough @18, can't wait to try new layout. Lakewood King County Park is a well developed traditional course, and @ the north end of Seattle in Shoreline is Terrace Creek, a very fun but tough course showcasing the local almost rainforest. If up for roaming a little farther White River and Lake Stevens are my next 2 favorite in the area.

Latest posts