• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Carolina bound need advice

Dude... if you're coming down the 81 to play Winged Deer or Warriors... my recommendation would be to skip those two and play Harmon Hills. That place is sick. Top 5 out of my 140ish played for sure.

Richmond Hill is OK in Asheville. Definitely a woods course.

Stumpy Creek is pretty bas ass. As are the rest of the Charlotte courses.

A really good idea would be to hit up Chain Addicted and see if he can get you in somewhere special to play (rhymes with Jacket's Stuff).

DSCJNKY

^Yeah... it's going to be hard to get thus done in 1 weekend. How long do you have Opti?
DSCJNKY

Stumpy is real good. And if Chain-addicted can get you into his favorite course you may not need to go anywhere else that day. I once did a Stumpy, Brackett's Bluff and Hornett's Nest day. That was all she wrote for me. I slept like a baby that night. Great courses and a good workout. Too bad Brackett's is now closed. HHHMMM, cough, cough... Enjoy our State and the courses. Sounds like a cool trip.

Dude... if you're coming down the 81 to play Winged Deer or Warriors... my recommendation would be to skip those two and play Harmon Hills. That place is sick. Top 5 out of my 140ish played for sure.

Richmond Hill is OK in Asheville. Definitely a woods course.

Stumpy Creek is pretty bas ass. As are the rest of the Charlotte courses.

A really good idea would be to hit up Chain Addicted and see if he can get you in somewhere special to play (rhymes with Jacket's Stuff).

DSCJNKY

would that be jerry harmon hills? used to play with him a lot when i travelled...haven't seen him in years...

^Yes. He designed a wonderful disc golf course on his 90 acre farm. It's a perfect mix between farm lands and woods. Super long and technical. Serious Golf. Probably a Par 64ish... It's definitely a destination course.

You definitely need to check it out sometime.
DSCJNKY

^Yes. He designed a wonderful disc golf course on his 90 acre farm. It's a perfect mix between farm lands and woods. Super long and technical. Serious Golf. Probably a Par 64ish... It's definitely a destination course.

You definitely need to check it out sometime.
DSCJNKY

sounds a lot like HH or timber ridge (2 of the 3 best in va imo) as well. cattle on the course? farm golf rules.

jerry's a great guy.

sounds a lot like HH or timber ridge (2 of the 3 best in va imo) as well. cattle on the course? farm golf rules.

jerry's a great guy.

No Cattle. Yes, Jerry is a true southern gentlemen.

Resume thread...
Opti, you should go there if traveling through that area.
DSCJNKY

For you western NC people, what would you guys say is your general ranking of all the western NC courses, let's say no farther east than Hickory/Wilkesboro?

Been driving 8 hrs I should be at Renny in 1 hr. Nothing like 9000 ft of dg to stretch out the legs. Anyone not hungover mesh me if u wanna play. Today is my Charlotte adventure.

I think Chain Addicted and another out of towner are going to a "special" course sometime today... you might want to PM him. His post in another thread said they would be at Nevin this morning and then going to the other course.
DSCJNKY

Been driving 8 hrs I should be at Renny in 1 hr. Nothing like 9000 ft of dg to stretch out the legs. Anyone not hungover mesh me if u wanna play. Today is my Charlotte adventure.
Definitely a good call. Now that I see things in the light of day, the mountains are not too appealing despite the warmer than normal temps.
The snow/mud combo looks like a recipe for treacherous footing.

Sunday will be high of 40 with 17 mph winds up here.
Charlotte will have high of 55 with 8 mph winds.
I'd be inclined to stick around Charlotte and maybe pick up the perimeter courses...Fox Chase,Stumpy,Rankin,Hilton after the big ones.
This is the time of year that we head off the mountain for DG.

I'm guessing that Opti was not overly impressed by NC's offerings and headed home early... but that's ok,:thmbup: Jordan Creek and Nocky are a tough act to follow

Still in NC Ive only played nevin and the web so far. So far I am impressed with Charlotte. I will attempt Renny in the AM. Nocky and Jordan are my home courses I miss them but NC definetely lives up to the hype thus far.

It was fun getting to throw some rounds with you bud! I can't wait to hit Charlotte again, maybe this spring I'll have to make my way over toward the Phillie area and see what y'all have to offer :)

Latest posts