• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Carolina bound need advice

biscoe is talking about the "Be the disc!" narrative simulated fly thrus of the courses. I'm not sure where those videos are located right now since the CDGC website has undergone its recent redesign, which by the wayI must say is pretty sexy. I'll post links to the videos when I find them. The narration sounds like it's being done by Stephen Hawking as the camera is walked through the fairways at a fast clip. They're pretty cool vids.

EDIT: D'oh! 1978 beat me to it.

They are here. At least both layouts of Renny and The Nest are as is Sugaw. Missing are Reedy & Kilborne (out of date anyways with all the part recontruction and re-routing of the courses).

Renny Gold is pretty accurate, but Renny Original has been replaced by (inferior) Renny Black with different routing and a bunch of great holes replaced by some mediocre ones.

I just noticed the new Media tab on the course pages here with ability to embed videos. I uploaded the videos to youtube and linked to them for Hornet's Nest (Original & Web), Kilborne, Reedy Creek, Renaissance (Gold and Original), and Sugaw Creek.

It will be cool when the CDGC gets around to updating them with high def with use of a steadicam and also adds the host of new courses that have recently come to life or are currently in the works.