• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Northern MN in July

Doc13

Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey I'm planning a trip 4th of July weekend to Duluth and then to the north, any must play courses, any courses to avoid? Are Lutsen and Cascade worth driving over there to play since there doesn't seem to be any others on the lakeshore? Thanks for any insight!

Judson mine in Buhl is fantastic. Highly recommend that one. Not too far north of there is Side lake DGC, which is also really fun.

By Duluth/Superior Mont du Lac is the big one. I haven't played there yet, but have heard good things. Superior municipal forest and Carlton are the best of the rest over there. Spirit mountain is alright if you like ski hill courses. Beautiful area up though.

mn here

lutsen plays ball golf style and is right off the highway so thats annoying too i wouldnt play there

cascade 9 is super neglected so depending on height of grass you might be able to play but most people dont successfully complete a round there so obviously avoid it

priority would be mont du lac specifically white cedar

and agreed with everything wolfhaley said

Latest posts