• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nose angle issues

attik34

Birdie Member
the one thing I'm having the most problems with at this point is nose angle...i NEVER have nose down problem, its ALWAYS nose up....any drills that can help with that? Things to mentally note when fixing this?

The main things I'm trying to do to help with it is finish lower, and getting my weight more forward on release. I think the weight transfer may be most of it, because i find myself falling back and left alot rather than driving through the release. And finishing high is just something I've brought over from baseball so that's going to be tough to fix but yeah. Any other suggestions appreciated...

Try getting your thumb in a line with your arm, sort of like you would with a handshake.

I found these two chunks of info helpful when thinking about nose up vs. nose down issues:

1. Blake's Grip it to Rip it. If your issue is wrist angle, the photos in the article are excellent visuals.

2. Climo explaining proper grip, including finger placement. His example of rolling the disc from your forearm to your palm is a great quick drill you can do to ensure proper disc placement.

one thing that helped me, was when I was doing my practice "strokes" and envisioning the flight of the disc, I would like the disc up in my hand and hold it parallel with my fore-arm and then throw right after. I feel like it helped me to get a large amount of my nose angle issues fixed.

I had nose-up issues for years. I tried every different kind of grip variation and anything else you could imagine and none of it really helped, because my problem was that my weight was back. Once I figured out how to get my weight forward, my nose-up problems went away.

And I too came from a baseball background and was initially trying to throw a backhand the same way I'd hit a baseball. I think that having a baseball background is a detriment when you start playing disc golf.

be sure your thumb is not too far off the flight plate. Get it as close to rim as possible. I had the same issue you had. That and keep your chin down.