• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Nose Down"

You listing only those three molds leads us to believe you only throw zones, drones, and flicks, some of the most overstable discs made (yet your talking about hyzer flippin).

I only never take 3 molds out of my bag.

But, as a side note, my ESP Flick is my hyzer-flip disc.

I was thinking throwing overstable said something about my nose angle or something.

It's hard to get an overstable disc like an ESP Flick to hyzer flip. It requires real fast arm speed, or an improper throw where your disc's center of rotation is not perpendicular to the center of the disc (this is referred to as Off Axis Torque or OAT).

Perhaps you're throwing an anhyzer flex shot? (where the disc makes a big S turn)

yeah no way you are hyzer flipping your esp flick unless its reallllly beat. nose down is not that hard of a concept. nose up, wind catches is like a sail. nose down it cuts through the wind.

Nose up is in relation to the direction of travel, and will vary during the flight.

Additionally, high speed turn will push the nose down while low speed fade will push the nose up. That's one of the reasons why hyzerflipping can give you more distance, it gives you more nose down.

Yes, the article answered my question. And makes me think everyone else is answering it incorrectly.

Although, it was far too short for my taste. Could have gotten far more in depth about several things.
That's sort of Blake's method. He'll give you enough to get started and then you'll need to connect the dots yourself.

I thought it was a good question that most people never think to ask. It just happens to be answered by an article that few read.

I think you're over thinking things...

you correctly defined nose down in the thread. It's a really simple concept. It doesn't really matter the type of throw you are making, wether forehand, backhand, hyzer, anhyzer... the leading edge that's most directly pointing to the direction of travel intended, should have a slightly "nose down" attitude.

Yeah, I think I was putting more of the wing down on hyzers, so I was getting a really inconsistent flip. Some would turn and burn, some would hyzer out. Maybe I just needed to focus on getting them nose down ... either way, yesterday I was getting a nice, consistent flip.

I was having the same issues with keeping the nose down. After watching this video:

I believe I'm on the right track. Tried this grip out yesterday afternoon for the first time and saw some instant improvement. Where I wasn't getting good throws I instantly could tell it was improper weight shift or a shoulder thing. Still have some more work to do, but my game is getting better.

Latest posts