• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] NOVA Vs Dart

I'm and Innova guy but I've thrown and putted both Darts and Novas and both have a weird feel, especially to those who started out with an Aviar type putter or a beaded putter. My recommendation is a Proxy or beat up Ion. I've never thrown or felt a Polecat, but I hear they're pretty good at this stuff.

Do you want a disc you can pick up and immediately throw like any other straight/us putter or do you want a disc that will take getting used to but will (IMO) pay off ten fold once you get used to it? The dart is a great disc but there are so many discs just like it flight wise so there's not much special about it. The nova on the other hand is its own thing, it's more of a frisbee than a disc golf disc. I can throw mine dead straight with no turn or fade 10 ft but can also power up and throw them 275-300 ft with the exact same flight. The nova will hold any line you put on it while the dart will struggle to hold a hyzer once it knocks into a couple trees.

I personally will always say nova. It's the straightest disc I've ever thrown or seen thrown. It also teaches you how to throw better. If you can't throw a nova straight you either have bad angle control or OAT. Nothing will help your overall form more than a nova. Not to mention they glide forever.

I personally will always say nova. It's the straightest disc I've ever thrown or seen thrown. It also teaches you how to throw better. If you can't throw a nova straight you either have bad angle control or OAT. Nothing will help your overall form more than a nova. Not to mention they glide forever.

Agree with this, especially about form work. I took my Novas to the range last weekend, and was shown that I'd allowed some wrist roll to creep into my throw. Got that corrected and was getting accurate throws with more distance. Then I went to work practicing with fairway drivers. So yes, the Nova is awesome for improving one's form and game.

Nova is by far my favorite approach disc. It sits well, fights wind a little, holds all lines, and looks cool. You can do anything with it

Anyone have any love for the P1? It's really neutral and slow. I never hear anyone talking about it or using it though.

Anyone have any love for the P1? It's really neutral and slow. I never hear anyone talking about it or using it though.

Well if we're naming others than nova I'd say the proxy. I'm still bagging my nova but proxy is close to taking it out.