• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Now that harder wizards are nonexistent what are the alternatives.

have you thrown a ridge? It's like a fresh wizard. But like someone said, find someone who still has some buy them and stock pile some.

Last edited:
That 27lb flex test rule is bull dung. soft wizards not soft in my experience and i have felt some pretty flexible evo plastic. I throw a g9i and those r sweet and nice and firm just like all my women.

I picked up some misprint organics at the BG flymart that are super firm ... call them up and tell them what you want, they definitely have firm options.

I just ordered some x out white soft wizards and although they are quite slick they are very hard! White is the firmest of the soft wizards I've felt.

What are eraser wizards? What the difference between that and chalk ones?

Like others have said, switch to soft wizards. Last time I was at the shop (been a few months) the white ones felt about the stiffest but some of the other colors felt nice too. The whites I felt were a little slick but once they get use they get a ton better grip wise. I'd call the shop and have them give you an assortment of colors, see which ones you like best then order another stack of those.

Soft Wizards are firm when new and stay like that for a little while. After that, they might develop a little flex on the flight plate where you push with your thumb, depending on the pressure you put.
I still think soft Wizard are a good choice for firm driving/putting putter. I drive and approach with G9i, but I have soft Wizards as well, and they work really well, you should try them if you haven't already.

If you really like overstable putter, I am testing a Firm Vibram VP and it's amazing off the tee. I am amazed at how well it fights wind. This thing is the Firebird of putter, so predictable. You can shape all sort of lines with it. The only thing I dislike is that it won't skip to save its life. It sticks on landing, which makes it hard to skip around obstacle to a protected basket. Obviously, sticking on landing is a good think on other situation.

I'm currently driving with a g9i, approaching with last years chalky putting putter(nice and broken in), and putting with a soft wiz.

As a side note, the glow wizards are nice and stiff to. Maybe between soft and med...idk...I have one as a backup to my soft wiz.

If the g9is had more "grip" I would put with them too

I have been putting with the new run of Eraser Wizards from Marshall Street for the last month. The plastic was pretty firm to start, but now that I have been putting with it, it has softened right up. It doesn't have much damage to it either. Pretty happy with that.

I also bought a Soft Organic Wizard from Marshall Street and that thing is very very stiff. I use it for upshots.

As I am sure has been said many times on this thread, most Wizards start out firm no matter what the rating. In time, they wear to their rated condition. I used to exclusively use SSS for the feel, but I was replacing it every month once it became floppy. I ended up going through their stash, and I found a really firm E Wizard. I have had it for over a year, I drive with it, make approaches with it, etc, and it is still nice and firm. I have Medium Wizards, the ones no longer being made, but I play hilly courses, and I have had too many problems with them rolling on missed putts. The E has a little more give, and doesn't roll like the Medium, but of course is not as firm either.

Otherwise, I hate to admit, a dx Aviar may be your closest bet.

Latest posts