• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] NUKE OS Review

jdb7122

Just bought a Nuke OS, Thought I would post a review for any player considering it. For comparison purposes I throw a regular nuke anywhere from 450 - 500+ I can push a Force 450, maybe farther but not much. My arm speed is faster than most with my longest drive pushing about 580' in a boomin' tailwind. (airshot)

The NukeOS I bought was max weight as are most my discs and let me just say that this thing is fast. Not only is it fast but it is freakishly stable out of the box. I threw a turn over about 100' up in the air on a good line, which would generally be a roller for any other disc. and not only did it work out but it came back with a hard skip. If thrown out flat the NukeOS will knife down, if thrown hyzer it will hyzer, and if thrown on an anny line it WILL come back (granted there isn't some 40+MPH headwind). The only real way I would see someone using this disc for max distance would be into 25 mph wind or higher. Overall the quality of the disc is excellent in my mind. For those super long hyzers, into the wind distance, or even potentially a tight technical skip shot this disc can fill the spot. Not only that but this disc would be a great overhand driving disc for maximum distance. I watched a friend of mine throw my NukeOS about 430 ft with a thumber (parked hole 17 @ Veterans Park, Arlington TX). Also, I do not throw forehand drives for distance, but I imagine this would be a good one as it is very fast and very stable.

For anyone who can't throw 450-500 ft (and don't fool yourself thinking that this disc will alow you to on some crazy anny line) I would recommend this disc in a lighter weight and throw an overhand with it a couple times to break it in. And If you can't throw over 350-400 I wouldn't bother checking one out honestly. For any advanced or open player looking for that super fast headwind driver this is great. That being said, I don't believe this disc to be a replacement for the Force. The Force offers more of a control grip and a slower stable disc that still fills a role. However, if you play in Oklahoma, Kansas, or anywhere that constantly maintains wind speeds over 20 or 30 MPH this disc your may just add an extra 30-50 ft when throwing into the wind with the NukeOS!

P.S. I only throw Discraft as I find more consistency disc to disc in their various molds. But I am guessing this would compare to an Ape, or what Innova wanted an Ape to be; However, I have seen an Ape thrown into the wind and an OS is definitely more stable.

just got one today and it is more high speed stable then an ape and much better for overhead shots then a ape. Cant wait to throw this into a head wind.

parked 17 with a thumber?...huh. interesting. 12 would have been a way better hole to see how it holds up to winds on distance like that.

Nice review from the incredible hulk lol jk, iam hoping for this thing to be a good forehand disc

Now I feel like a panzy I can only hyzer flip a slightly beat xcal. I am a 12 speed disc guy, no 13 speed drivers in my bag.

Sorry if I misled anyone but I did not throw a hyzer flip with an OS. I threw it anny, the whole way, flex shot, turn shot, w/e you wanna call it but def not hyzer flip... Only time I would see that being possible with this disc would be into 25+ mph wind or some crazy amount of snap. I'm sure I could flip it into the wind but I doub't any other way..