• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nuke OS & SS

Bif13

Birdie Member
I know there is a little discussion about these in the Nuke thread, but nothing serious. Any of the sponsored players have anything to chime in about these? Are they putting them out at BG Ams?

Certainly can't speak for sure, but I doubt they are ready yet. I just felt the protoypes a week or two ago, straight from Michigan......I would love if they proved me wrong. The OS has an interesting feeling to the top, at least the one I held did, sort of a depression at the shoulder where the core meets the rim, which some other Nukes and Forces have as well.
KP

is the Nuke OS the Nuke x (aka King ) that was at tourneys a while back.

The one I felt was not the same as the Proto Kings or whathaveyou of last spring. No bead. I would also say that I would expect to see the Nuke SS first, and that if that occurs, the OS proto process isn't done. I am however, not sponsored.
KP

the proto king was a good flier. I gotta chance to flick one a few times and liked it (it was to stabe for my bh). I am suprised they haven't released it?

So, got to throw the Nuke SS today. First impression was that the top did not seem significantly different from a normal nuke (though I did not have one to compare) and the PLH is SUPER low. I threw it a few times it it seems to be less stable (or similarly stable) to a Vulcan with possibly a little more speed. I did find that I could throw it about 50% on a hyzer and it would go roughly as far as my Wraith would on a %75-%80 with a similar flight. The throws I really tried to air it out I generally had a little torque on the throw and it turned and burned. It may make a great roller disc and it did fly nicely in a tailwind for a couple throws but all around it seems to be too touchy a disc for my regular bag.

Disclaimer: These results are from shots of between 350'-400' of power. My max distance is maybe 425' (real distance on an open shot with a golf line, not internet distance).

turso said:
IIRC the general consesus was that it was a glideless piece of crap.

I don't think they got the consistency they were looking for. Mine is not any more overstable than a good ESP Nuke at high speed on a flat throw. It does seem to hold hyzer better than most Nukes though. Still not much wind resistance. I too am interested to see what the more overstable version will be like.
KP

Tried out a Nuke SS this weekend. It is REALLY understable but I didn't have much trouble dialing in on how much hyzer it took to keep it in the air. I got some beautiful wide S curves out of it but they never went as far as they seemed (what looked like 440' worth of flight was actually about 400' of distance). I could easily get the same distance out of a flat release on a Z Nuke or by flipping a Pro Wraith to flat and both of those would take a better path. Even my slightly worn X Nuke that has a HEAVY turn yields a better flight and more distance potential.

So...I had a friend give me a Nuke SS over the weekend. Took it out to the course last night. Holy hell for understable. This thing was about as stable as throwing an optimizer. If I could have released this thing vertically or with a huge tailwind, it may have not flipped all the way over into a roller. I can see how this would be instant distance for a lower power player.

This is the first time that i've seen Discraft really utilizing the champs in advertizing in one go. Innova tricks by DC. The race is on.

Latest posts