• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

odd style of throwing

Oh, now that I see that vid that's not what we call a chicken wing it's what someone on here called a pizza shot I think. I first saw it in a freestyle demo by Peter Bloeme back in the early eighties. He and his partner would plant their front foot and push back hard to get max spin. The other person would then catch it with one finger and let it spin on their fingernail. I occasionally use it in disc golf but only for putting. The last time I used it I had a row of pine trees to putt over that were around 6 and a half feet high so it was a little to high for a turbo putt. It's a good throw for ultimate too.
we call a turbo putt with the disc upside down a pizza throw cause its the same way youd carry a pizza box

We used to use this in freestyle cause you can blend it really well with catches, and put a lot of spin on it for nail delays... That was a while back. Maybe it looks better thrown in bell bottom jeans...

There is another thread about it that goes into it more. It is called a chicken wing.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4569

From what I was able to find out it originated in ultimate and has crossed over. I use it some and can throw it about 225 feet. I normally use it if I need a high throw that rounds a corner.

I have never hurt my elbow throwing it. It just takes practice to find the level to get your arm straight.

Whatever it actually is, it looks crazy.

I would have called something else a chicken wing but when they throw it fast it does resemble a chicken wing.

There is another thread about it that goes into it more. It is called a chicken wing.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4569

From what I was able to find out it originated in ultimate and has crossed over. I use it some and can throw it about 225 feet. I normally use it if I need a high throw that rounds a corner.

I have never hurt my elbow throwing it. It just takes practice to find the level to get your arm straight.

how does it compare distance wise to your normal throws? also whats the accuracy like?