• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Odedge's ITB

Odedge

Par Member
After trying a bunch of discs and constantly switching my bag based on the course, I want to focus on learning fewer discs very well instead of many discs not as well.

Years playing: 2.5 years
Throwing Style: RHBH [main], trying to learn a RHFH, Don't throw other shots.
Golf Distance: 325-350 for golf shots | 350-385 for fieldwork or very open holes.
Elevation: Around 1900-2200
Course type: Most courses are wooded with big enough fairways. Some holes are wide open, but not many. Some courses have a good elevation change.

Bag:

Drivers [speed 10-13]
173 K1 Grym for overstable drives [used] Very comfortable
173 Fusion Raider for neutral drives [used] Very comfortable
173 Lucid Sergeant for overstable drives [slightly used] Testing
172 Star Archon for neutral/slightly US drives [used] Fairly comfortable
173 Z Thrasher for understable drives [new] Brand New
172 Z Vulture for overstable drives [new] Brand New
174 Gold Musket for neutral/slightly US drives [used] Very Comfortable

Drivers [speed 7-9]
173 Fusion Felon for very overstable drives/utility shots/FH drives [used] Fairly comfortable
175 Star Thunderbird for overstable drives [used] Very Comfortable
175 Star Valkyrie for neutral/slight US drives [used] Comfortable
175 Opto Saint for understable drives [used] Comfortable
173 Lucid Explorer for overstable drives [used] Very Comfortable
173 S-Line FD for neutral/slightly US drives [new] Brand New

Mids [speed 4-6]
175 Recycled Core for neutral/slightly US drives/FH shots [used] Very Comfortable
174 Lucid Emac Truth for slightly overstable drives/FH shots [used] Very Comfortable
174 ESP Buzzz for neutral/slightly US drives [used] Fairly Comfortable
174 Z Zone for overstable drives/upshots [new] Brand New

Putters [speed 1-3]
174 BT Hard Maiden for neutral drives/upshots [new] Brand New
174 Lucid Warden for upshots [used] Fairly Comfortable
173 Classic Blend for all putts [used] Very Comfortable
175 K1 Berg for overstable drives/upshots [used] Comfortable

odedges_bag_20210113.jpg

I'd have a lot of trouble choosing a disc in that 9-11 speed range.

I'd have a lot of trouble choosing a disc in that 9-11 speed range.

I think my arm speed is right around the 9-speed level right now. The 10-speed might give me another 20 feet or so, but on some holes... that's a difference between a makeable putt and a layup.

If my arm speed increases, I will probably get rid of the two 10 speed discs.

Is the Grym the Kastaplast one with the funky rim?

Lots of nice discs in there though.

Small update now that I have become a bit more familiar with some of the new discs...

Thrasher: I am liking this very much for its straight flight with a little bit of turn that fades to the right for my backhand. I was able to park one of the holes that I normally need to throw an anhyzer BH shot, two out of the three rounds I played this weekend.

Vulture: Flies similar to my Thunderbird and maybe too similar, but it's a nice disc. I will have to throw it more because it might be able to fly a bit further.

FD: Flies basically how I thought it would. Since I lost my discs in this part of the bag, I will continue using it.

Sergeant: I was able to park it on a particular hole and it fills a spot, so this will stay in the bag for the season. I might want to try one in the Fusion plastic as well.

Zone: A better disc for me than my Harp. I only have them in the Z plastic which is a bit slippery in the cold weather. I might want to try an ESP version, but it will stay in my bag as well.

Maiden: Flies very similar to the Shield and Crown that I have used before, but I like the smaller rim depth, so it will stay as well.

I picked up an Innova Bullfrog this weekend and have used it for a few rounds, throwing it very often. This is a great disc for upshots and certain drives. It's also solid as a putter, but I don't like the lack of surface area on the outside of the rim. This is definitely staying in the bag!