• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Ah, thanks for the link. I've generally stopped buying Ledgestone discs new, but that's just personal preference about where my money goes. I probably would have broken that rule for a Z Flx Glo Zone (but ultimately didn't have to make that choice). I do admit Ledgestone has a fun thing going with Discraft; lots of runs of unique plastic+mold combos. I wish Ben Callaway well.
Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Mr Heinhold for pretty obvious reasons, so I'm hesitant to spend money with them. External sources that happen to have their plastic are some of the only places I acquire it (Great Lakes Disc just sent me a Ledgestone ESP Lite Undertaker that wasn't labeled as a Ledgestone disc on their site, for example).

In that same order, I also got 3 ESP FLX Swirl Zones. Anyone know where they sit in terms of stability and ground play, compared to the other plastics?

Info on any particular plastic blend's characteristics only hold until they run out of the beads and buy new plastic, especially the glow, flex, and grip properties, but the Jaguana ESP Swirl FLX run was grippy but still fairly stiff. Ground play was weird. In my limited testing the 1 Jaguana I have seems to absorb some kinetic energy on spike hyzers but didnt flex enough to significantly diminish ground play on flatter throws.

Latest posts