• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll order a max weight ESP Monday, unless someone has one they'd like to trade.

Be careful ordering online. I got 2 ESP that were not puddle top, with a slightly convex flight plate. Not a huge deal but I was a little disappointed. Thinking of doing the hot water treatment on them.

I have an unthrown board flat max weight ESP FLX glo that I could part with if you're interested. Not as OS as Ti or puddle top ESP but certainly beefier than your Particles. Not as much ground action as my Ti either.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll order a max weight ESP Monday, unless someone has one they'd like to trade.

Did you end up ordering those Zones? Infinite and Disc Golf Center help me out when I want a certain profile. (I'm a board flat Zone thrower.)

If you don't want to bother calling, Disc Baron lists whether it's puddled, flat, or domey, and he has a lot of nice LE's in stock.

http://www.discbaron.com/Discraft-Zone-s/2689.htm

Threw my Ti Zone in from about 150' today. RHFH from an open field through a short tunnel. Never thrown an ace so it's the first time I've heard chains like that. Took me a second to realize what I heard since I was blind to the basket.

Attachments

• 20180203_151055.jpg
    20180203_151055.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 36
  • 20180203_150817.jpg
    20180203_150817.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180203_150842.jpg
    20180203_150842.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 36
Threw my Ti Zone in from about 150' today. RHFH from an open field through a short tunnel. Never thrown an ace so it's the first time I've heard chains like that. Took me a second to realize what I heard since I was blind to the basket.

I have more throw ins with a forehanded Zone than any other disc by far. I even use it instead of jump putting if I get further than about 50 feet.

Anyone have a lot of experience with Jawbreaker Zones? I am interested in how they cycle and how they compare to the flat ESPs and Z FLX that I am used to throwing (which are very beefy). It seems like a few posts back folks were saying they have significantly less stability out of the box.

Anyone have a lot of experience with Jawbreaker Zones? I am interested in how they cycle and how they compare to the flat ESPs and Z FLX that I am used to throwing (which are very beefy). It seems like a few posts back folks were saying they have significantly less stability out of the box.

I've a max weight puddle top JB that needs to be thrown out past 230 to keep it straight (during most of it's flight). Starts fading at the last 50ft or less. So, plenty of HSS, just less LSS than a puddled ESP or Z FLX. Just as trusty as any Zone, just less lateral movement. On shorter approaches, any Zone fades plenty enough for me.

(I also have a board flat JB that is mid 160s, that has much less fade. It's my nothing to lose, green light, doubles disc, when I don't care about blowing past the basket.)

10 year zone. Thoughts on the design? Not what I was expecting...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anybody know if there's truth to the rumor of a new run of Ti Zones? Ledgestone 2018 maybe?

10 year zone. Thoughts on the design? Not what I was expecting...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I guess it is okay, but nothing special. Doesn't suit the disc at all though. It is no where near a must have design. To be fair though, I am not sure what a good stamp for the Zone would be.

Anybody know if there's truth to the rumor of a new run of Ti Zones? Ledgestone 2018 maybe?

There is a new Ti Zone on Discraft home page

https://www.discraft.com/search?q=titanium&count=15

tizone_max-dk_1.png

Said it elsewhere, but glad they got rid of the tooling on Ti and went with this stamp. Looks like a Nuka-Cola ad in Fallout.

Okay Discraft really needs to get some consistency in their marketing. This stamp, which is really nice BTW, looks like it came from a completely different disc manufacturer than Discraft. At least with Dynamic, Innova and others the stamps are relatively consistent and look like they all come from the same factory. And whoever is drawing up some of those Big-Z stamps just needs to stop. It worked well for the Buzz and Zone but give it a rest. Yeeesh

Okay Discraft really needs to get some consistency in their marketing. This stamp, which is really nice BTW, looks like it came from a completely different disc manufacturer than Discraft. At least with Dynamic, Innova and others the stamps are relatively consistent and look like they all come from the same factory. And whoever is drawing up some of those Big-Z stamps just needs to stop. It worked well for the Buzz and Zone but give it a rest. Yeeesh

The Shryke and Rat stamps look like they came from the same company?

(Speaking of the Rat, my first thought was that it looked like one of the uglier Big Z stamps. Funny too, that it has the same profile as a Zone. Sure it's coincidental.)

I think the font of the disc names ties things together and the distinct look across the plastic blends makes them immediately identifiable. A bit more cohesion across all stamp designs couldn't hurt, but not to the extent of Dynamic. Those are too similar. And Innova Champ and Star? "Big Innova logo up top, smaller name and plastic type on bottom. Now we'll just flip flop it for Star, but make the name a smidge bigger, and the logo a smidge smaller." Not much to hate, but aesthetically it's like two separate decals slapped on a disc.

^^Stamp design consistency is important?^^

Yes, extremely.

Today with more and more media covering Discgolf, having a disc design that is easy recognized is media gold..

If a new player watching discgolf on youtube or live sees Nate Doss trow a disc and the cameras zoom in a disc like this landing..everyone will know it´s a Discraft disc

ebuz_max-br_1.png

I really can´t understand that companys allows their paid pros to play with disc that nobody can se what brand it is.

Cameras often zooms in on disc landing, thats free advertising . . so how Discraft allows Nate to throw a XL that nobody can see what it is . . or Paul Mcbeth to trow Aviar stampt Destroyers that nobody can buy is a mystery to me

People b!tch about Discraft's flight number system, they b!tch about their ugly Big Z stamps, they b!tch about their outdated media approach, wow I guess people just b!tch a lot.

Point taken on brand exposure but the stamp is very low on my list of why to purchase a disc. Hopefully a newb sees Doss mashing a Force and buys a couple of them.

Well if alot of people "b!tch" on Discraft about the number system, stamps and media support they might do something about it.......o wait, they just have ;)

Latest posts