• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Mine won't be arriving until next week. I imagine this will be the case for almost everyone who ordered online.

my stock stamp pre-McBeasts are still great and some of the most used discs in my bag..

Ok, where are everyone's McBeth sig Zone pics at? Also some description of plastic and flight when possible.

Got mine today. Stiff grey Z plastic. Flat like my stiff esp. Wouldn't call it puddle top. Haven't thrown it yet.

I'm in the same boat. I'll have 3 in slightly different colors, hoping for one to be puddle topped as my thrower.

I was right. The one that is my thrower (found a pair of black flecks in an orange disc) is the puddle topped one. The other 2 are flat. I haven't thrown mine yet, my shoulder is still sore after dodgeball on Friday, near 0 degree F temps, and 15 mph+ wind sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'll hopefully be throwing either Wednesday or Friday depending on my shoulder, but the plastic feels really nice, but strangely for Z its grippy.

Grabbed this one today

Is it fairly stiff? I bought a couple puddle top ESP's 4-5 years ago that were stiff & am still using them today.

I've felt a few at some shops over the last couple years & they've been a little soft.

Is it fairly stiff? I bought a couple puddle top ESP's 4-5 years ago that were stiff & am still using them today.

I've felt a few at some shops over the last couple years & they've been a little soft.

This one is very stiff

Sorry, cant figure out how to get pics posted directly here from my phone but this 10 ur. LSWT Zone hasbeen serving me well it's doing exactly what I wanted my Gator, MD5, Scale to do.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mh4tChY

Click on "manage attachments"
A screen pops up and at the top click on choose file. ( you can attach Up to 3 files)
After you select it, click on upload
Then close that window
Then click submit reply

I was right. The one that is my thrower (found a pair of black flecks in an orange disc) is the puddle topped one. The other 2 are flat. I haven't thrown mine yet, my shoulder is still sore after dodgeball on Friday, near 0 degree F temps, and 15 mph+ wind sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'll hopefully be throwing either Wednesday or Friday depending on my shoulder, but the plastic feels really nice, but strangely for Z its grippy.

Got mine today. Stiff grey Z plastic. Flat like my stiff esp. Wouldn't call it puddle top. Haven't thrown it yet.

Pics? Throwing experiences?

I bought a green one. I have to say, I got it mainly because of the stamp and 1st run Paul hype, not because I expect it to fly any different from any of my other Zones. I haven't seen any of these with bad plastic colors. They're all nice and bright, except for the grey/smoke ones, which also look sweet.

Pics? Throwing experiences?

I bought a green one. I have to say, I got it mainly because of the stamp and 1st run Paul hype, not because I expect it to fly any different from any of my other Zones. I haven't seen any of these with bad plastic colors. They're all nice and bright, except for the grey/smoke ones, which also look sweet.

It flew just as I would expect a ROS putter to fly. I over torqued it (RHFH) and it was just straight, but I also had a right to left crosswind. I expect it to be reliably OS in all but the above mentioned conditions.

Anyone played around with those 2019 ledgestone glo sparkle Z zones? On paper it sounds like they would be quite beefy.

I threw a magenta '19 glow sparkle Z for a couple rounds before shelfing it.
Super OS. Almost no straight flight before fading. The rim feels thick and chunky vs a puddle top esp.
Certainly great and useful, just not what I want from my Zone.

Just got the zone I ordered with the mcbeth stamp. I got a really badass dark teal colored one, but I am really surprised by the plastic. I thought I had read that most of them were pretty stiff, but I would call mine gummy. It feels really good and is board flat. I do not like the puddle tops so I pretty much got exactly what I would want if I could make my own.

Anyone else have their 1st run McBeths come with the weight penned instead of the usual sticker? I bought them from a shop that I know does not have a scale and they don't ever mark their discs.

Also, all four that the shop had have a slight dome in the center of the disc. If moving from the wing inward, they start with no shoulder, but as I said develop the slightest dome about half way along the radius. I have seen domey Zones before, but never like this. You almost can't tell except for setting them on a flat surface. I can easily flat top them, but it just surprised me.

Latest posts