• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

I'm wondering this as well, I just recently piced up a couple of baby blue pro ds, nice and concave. Ideally they'd retain hss and lose some lss.

That is my experience with the one Zone I have. Bought used and flies like a new Envy for me, maybe even less LSS. I haven't thrown it much since I got the Envy, but at first they were virtually the same.

Proxy - Envy - Zone is the combo. All feel relatively similar in hand, all hit on different stability levels and all are sneaky long for putters.

FTFY :D

I tried a lot in the in between neutral and uber-beef, and the Envy has been great. Just like a Pure (Proxy for me) in the wind.

Last edited:
concave esp zones for the win... had the same on in the bag for near 5 years and its still more overstable than most other molds lol .. have a freshie to put in but the mold and plastic combo is just pefect so never tried any of the other blends.. not that i wouldnt but the idea of not getting to throw my esp just has kept me away from purchasing lol

I'm wondering this as well, I just recently piced up a couple of baby blue pro ds, nice and concave. Ideally they'd retain hss and lose some lss.

I got them last night, they are sticker ed 167-169 (a pink one and a yellow one).
They are very concave, and super grippy.
I tossed the pink one a couple times last night at doubles, and a few more times today.
I think these will be pretty good.

My Pro-D was a beefy workhorse for close to two years. It never lost very much of its fade, but it eventually became too flippy for me. It was sad day when I finally retired it as it was the one that started my Zone addiction.

There seem to be two blends of D. One is waxy and super flimsy. The other feels almost like Soft A more than Pro D. The latter's the kind I had.

Last edited:
My Pro-D was a beefy workhorse for close to two years. It never lost very much of its fade, but it eventually became too flippy for me. It was sad day when I finally retired it as it was the one that started my Zone addiction.

There seem to be two blends of D. One is waxy and super flimsy. The other feels almost like Soft A more than Pro D. The latter's the kind I had.

I have always wondered what kind of damage affects low and high speed stability. I have multiple discs in the same mold and plastic that lose one or the other, but not both.

I think it's more the mold that dictates that than the damage.

I think its the mold also.
Because there are many disc that react the same to seasoning, no matter what the plastic blend.
I notice my saints, envys, and teebirds all loose their fade.
We're many other discs will get lose on the HSS.

That will be good if it looses some HSS, because it will gain some glide and distance as that happens.
Plus I want to keep some of the fade.

I've had the same Glo Z Zone in my bag since they were first released, and it's practically a Drone now. It's lost a ton of HSS but still fights out of the extreme flex lines I throw with it. It's actually gotten so long that I added a second Zone (CryZtal from the same era) for shorter approaches. Yes, I cycle Zones. Inside of 250', there's nothing better.

Where am I going with this? It's seasoned pretty much exactly like my old Pro-D. Just a lot slower.

And the one disc I bagged for any amount of time that lost HSS without losing much LSS was a First Run Opto Striker. At the time I hated that and went with PDs instead because they seasoned more like TeeBirds. Now I'm starting to want a good line shaping driver, and I wish I'd've kept my stack. The MVP Servo is doing a decent enough of a job in that role now so no harm, no foul. It's a good time to be a disc golfer! :D

Last edited:
We got some new Zones for 2 of the players in my club. I am still using my 4 years old ESP one, and the new ones are more gummy and more domey. I am looking forward to trying them.

Zones are love, zones are life.

Anyone putt with Pro-D Zones? My experience with Pro-D Bangers was that the plastic felt good in the hand but was incredibly fragile. I like to putt with my ESP Zone when the winds are whirling and would like to try one in a more grippy plastic. Thinking about getting a Pro-D but am always hesitant with that stuff.

pro D are the jam. but you need to feel them before purchase. some are firm and chalky, others are grippy and softer.

pro D are the jam. but you need to feel them before purchase. some are firm and chalky, others are grippy and softer.

Which are your preference? i just got a Pro-D Zone thats yellow and feels a bit waxy. im hoping it beats into something more workable.

the stiffer ones break into a grippier feel, just takes a little while to get there. i have not noticed any difference in flight between the two different feels of plastic.

if yours feels waxy, try lightly scrubbing it with a little dish detergent.

I picked up an ESP Zone a couple of weeks ago to replace my beat in Rhyno. I'm still learning what it can do but I really like the skips I get.

Most ESP zones with the raised "zone" within the rim have a small dome.
At AM Nats, I was told that this dome "issue" was going to be resolved in future runs.

Anyone know if this has been fixed? I need to replace my three year old zone.

So a beat ProD will get some turn but still fade tough? Hmm...may have to snag one.

So a beat ProD will get some turn but still fade tough? Hmm...may have to snag one.

I am just starting on this program, we will see what happens.
I have two lighter, puddle top, pro d
and they clearly not as beefy as my other zones.
I think it is going to work out well.