• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

Looks like a plastic that shrunk a lot….wonder if you would see something similar if you measured the diameter?

I don't have calipers so I can't measure that. But just off feel it feels pretty similar to other zones. Also it's still has the zone embossed in the rim.

It should fly more OS with a concave lower wing. It could be what someone else stated that this new blend they are using is higher shrinking. I have some coming as well and I'll see if mine are similar.

Got my putter line Zone throws in. I would say it feels and flies like an older New Pro-d. Mine are a little bit concave in the wing as well. Solid 0/2 flight out of the box. Really nice and stiff. I'll have to update more as far as durability, haven't hit any trees yet. :D

First post in a few years.
What is the various levels of overstability for the different Zone plastics that are available in the last couple of years? I have a couple of Cryztal Ledgestones from around 2017 or 2018 and two Z first run 4x McBeths. Wondering about Cryztal Flex, TI, Current ESP and how those compare to what i have.

Anyone have any comment, other than i have terrible grammar?

So far the Putter Line plastic seems really great. I hit the bottom pole from 180 then left chains/top cage on another from 230. Couldn't even find a dent or ding. Hit a tree on another hole as well, nothing really to find.

Seems like a nice upgrade from Pro-D so far! Nice work Discraft!

I don't throw hard enough, all zones I've ever thrown fly the same for me when new.

Ultimately, i am right there with you. More curiosity than anything. I am not one who must have the most or least of anything. And honestly, I am not even in the market for new discs.
Just as my hobby and interest, i love the minutia of discs and their flight. I even care about this stuff for molds i don't throw.

The new Soft Zones are quite nice...very similar to Soft X in feel and flight.

Picked up a couple of the stiffer Zone marked type last night. Hoping they beat into a nice straight flyer. Would be awesome to have a Zone profile with that flight...

Wondering about Cryztal Flex, TI, Current ESP and how those compare to what i have.

I have a newer Crystal Flx which is much stiffer than the Early Ledgestone run. And that flies pretty much the same as my TI and ESP. I typically just use them for hyzer approaches and the FLX just seems to settle a bit more than the rest. And I have a bit more confidence with the TI in the wind.

Never threw a 4x McB zone to be able to compare them. When they came out I didn't want to go chasing around the woods looking for a black disc.

I have a 4x McB orange I am guess Z plastic that I have yet to break in. I am guessing it a second run from his first year. Not sure if it going to live on the shelf or go into the collection.

The new Soft Zones are quite nice...very similar to Soft X in feel and flight.

Picked up a couple of the stiffer Zone marked type last night. Hoping they beat into a nice straight flyer. Would be awesome to have a Zone profile with that flight...

I got 5 regular and 3 soft. The soft isn't as soft as some other manufacturers. More like a medium. Then the regular is pretty firm, really nice in the heat.

My older ProD which I've been throwing for a year is nearly dead straight. Maybe -.25/.5. Might drift a little but not much more then a couple feet. Maybe 1 foot of turn and 2 feet of fade on a 260-270 foot throw. Still doesn't go real far like some other putters so it's easier to range.

Throwing my new one quite a bit now to start the beat in process, plus now I got backups. :)

Finally got in my box of jawbreakers from DC. The only JB zone I own is a much older run…the new ones almost feel like they've got a tiny bit of esp mixed in. Surface texture isn't nearly as tacky as the old blend…feels good just different. To be fair I think these new ones will probably less likely to warp real bad on tree impact.

Flight wise they were exactly what I was expecting. Out of the box straighter and the fade didn't seem to bite quite as hard. It's been a few years but want to remember the older JB started out with more fade.

I picked up a couple of the 21 Ledgestone Crystal FLX Barstamp Zones.
I put one in the bag for a round on a wooded course today.

It has a slight amount of high speed drift right (RHBH) and not as much fade as the Zflx's I have been throwing for a while.

I was a bit surprised. I threw the ZFLX and CryFLX
On multiple holes back to back (as a 2nd practice shot) with the same result. A little HS drift (I hate to call it turn) and a little less LS fade.

It has the regular Zone wing, not the one discussed a few pages ago on the soft Zones.

It is useful but unexpected.

I had to double-check myself on that last post.

Looking at the thread on the Ledgestone 2021 releases, the Crystal FLX Zone is not listed.

I have 2, one is red, one is blue, both say 2021 Ledgestone Crystal FLX. Not sure how that happens but I guess they must have made some.

Welp, finally decided to give the Zone a try. Waited for them to be regularly available and I feel like I may have a need for one.
After my recent surgery, I haven't been able to get low enough to get a good angle on my forehand approaches.
So my trusty Breakers are "oating" out of my hand.
I assume a Zone will fight out of that ,while a Breaker will not right now.

Ordered a esp and a z. I want to use this disc strictly for approaches...I typically enjoy putters or slower discs for these shots so I hope this disc doesn't feel too fast.

Welp, finally decided to give the Zone a try. Waited for them to be regularly available and I feel like I may have a need for one.
After my recent surgery, I haven't been able to get low enough to get a good angle on my forehand approaches.

Ordered a esp and a z. I want to use this disc strictly for approaches...I typically enjoy putters or slower discs for these shots so I hope this disc doesn't feel too fast.

If I remember right the Breaker flew like a less overstable Zone so it should be fairly familiar for you.

I threw Breakers/Ringers as my in-between a Zone and Luna and it felt similar in speed to the Zone.

Would a Putter Line Zone fill a gap between an ESP Zone and a dead straight approach putter? Or would it be better to fill that gap with a different mold like a Ringer GT/Breaker?

Latest posts