• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Official" Vote for the thread hall of fame (2012)

The nominees are...

• Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • DGCR History and growth

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Critters on the course you ran into...

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Bad Lie Pics

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Apdrvya's Repository Of Stupid Pictures

Votes: 43 25.9%
  • Disc Golf Meme

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • Discing down adventures.

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Disc Golf Throughout History

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • The guys over at Disc Golf Review

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Say Good bye to 2010...favorite memories

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Say goodbye to 2009...Favorite Memories

• You know you're addicted to DG when...

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • How to Drive a Putter?

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Ever find a disc with something not nice written on it?

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • BEWARE of HOLE

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • My Form Video

• Full Metal Basket

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Latitude w/ Attitude: Post Pics of Your Sexy Swedish Discs!

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Tips for shopping – how to get the most for you money

• I have your frisbee!

Votes: 64 38.6%
  • Post a cool disc golf photo

Votes: 62 37.3%
  • The Dye A Day Thread!

Votes: 40 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you mind if I do some editing to your links post to make it easier for everybody? I just want to add the thread titles.

no no - go ahead! Anything you can do to make it better is cool, I just figured the numbers would tell the story and was a bit lazy:) It may help seeing as the poll selections aren't numbered...

Last edited:
I want to vote for "Pay It Forward thread" it has been the best one in the ViP forum by far, and for awhile it was great in the public forum. (Also, I vote for New013's Blatant Troll thread)

Other than that, there are too many good ones to pick from, so I too, shall choose multiple!

Here it is! This will run for a week and the top 8 will be inducted into the hall of fame for all eternity!! You can vote multiple times. If you don't see your favorite thread on the list, make sure to nominate it here - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65487
so that next time it can be included.

Just so you know . . . favorite threads change all the time. I remember back when a thread I started was one of the most talked about threads on the site. Some people fade away and a new crowd comes in and does the same thing. I don't know if all these threads you listed are recent threads or if some of them go way back in DGCR history, but it would be interesting if something like this was done from the beginning, like the top 25 threads of each year. Then put themhead to head with the winners becoming hall of fame. It's too late to go back and start over, but I suppose we can go from here forward, but if it was up to me, it would be a calender year basis. Maybe if a thread is nominated you use its inital posted date as the year of its nomination.

Maybe I am making this too hard. I vote this thread as my favorite thread of all time!

I want to vote for "Pay It Forward thread" it has been the best one in the ViP forum by far, and for awhile it was great in the public forum. (Also, I vote for New013's Blatant Troll thread)

Other than that, there are too many good ones to pick from, so I too, shall choose multiple!

I'm not a VIP so I am probably not the best guy to put this all together, but if you nominate it in the nomination thread it'll get in the list next time!

Just so you know . . . favorite threads change all the time. I remember back when a thread I started was one of the most talked about threads on the site. Some people fade away and a new crowd comes in and does the same thing. I don't know if all these threads you listed are recent threads or if some of them go way back in DGCR history, but it would be interesting if something like this was done from the beginning, like the top 25 threads of each year. Then put themhead to head with the winners becoming hall of fame. It's too late to go back and start over, but I suppose we can go from here forward, but if it was up to me, it would be a calender year basis. Maybe if a thread is nominated you use its inital posted date as the year of its nomination.

Maybe I am making this too hard. I vote this thread as my favorite thread of all time!

Good point, but remember, this isn't the favorite thread it's the Hall of fame! Only 8 will make it this time, but next year more will be nominated and ones that didn't make it this time will be re-nominated as well and the battle can continue! This time we got a mix of real old threads and newer stuff that happened to be hot at the time. Remember when voting: only the best of the best should make the Hall of Fame so try to pick unforgettable classics over the latest hot topic. That being said, if a newer thread is truely epic for one reason or another you should by all means vote for it. I voted for the 8 I wanted to see inducted but it's up to you how many are considered worthy.

Good point, but remember, this isn't the favorite thread it's the Hall of fame! Only 8 will make it this time, but next year more will be nominated and ones that didn't make it this time will be re-nominated as well and the battle can continue! This time we got a mix of real old threads and newer stuff that happened to be hot at the time. Remember when voting: only the best of the best should make the Hall of Fame so try to pick unforgettable classics over the latest hot topic.

That is all I was trying to say, being a little bit of a devils advocate because in the end does it really matter?

"My form video" should be eliminated because the OP is very sensitive and a lot of people got infracted for posting pictures from the video.

"My form video" should be eliminated because the OP is very sensitive and a lot of people got infracted for posting pictures from the video.

Sounds entertaining... it doesn't have many votes anyway...

Hey mods would it be possible to swap out my form video for taking away the 2meter rule?

Full metal basket needs more votes. I'm glad to see some of the best oldies here. The new kids need to go read the beware of hole (on #8) thread. It may be my all time favorite.