• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] OK I was breaking in a dx Teebird when I did this....

I mean seriously a metal antenna tower right on the course lol? Yeah I should have missed it anyway. But it was a direct hit.

by taking out a chunk like that you saved yourself at least twenty more bad throws to achieve that degree of beatness. it's dx plastic. it's a good thing. that's why everyone buys dx teebirds, right?

by taking out a chunk like that you saved yourself at least twenty more bad throws to achieve that degree of beatness.

Sweet - so are you saying I should just keep throwing at it lol? I guess I just need to aim better. That one got away from me.

I hit a brace on a chain link fence a few years ago with a DX Valkyrie and it looks almost exactly like yours.

no need to intentionally beat it in unless you really want to. if it's already doing what you want it to do, then just let it break in on its own.

I heard it beats into a straight thower. That's what I'm waiting for. I already beat in a dx roc quite nicely. It's good now for straight shots.

I always carry a lighter with me for those occasions. Play some rough courses, usually try to melt dings back in as best I can. Not as big an issue as used to be, now throw all premium plastic. Slower to beat in but also slower to beat up. :)

Just be happy it wasn't this :(

IMAG0058.jpg

Yeah that would suck. At least the dx plastic can be fixed. That one looks older though - I hope that's not a rare expensive one.

Don't melt it to fix it. That'd render the disc illegal in any pdga event you play in, tourneys, etc.

Really, you just sped up the process. And even though it looks gross now, in like 3 years it will have weathered down so much you'll barely remember it. Just make sure not to grip it there and you'll be fine. Also, don't look at that chunk or let it get to your head that the disc is somehow broken, because then you'll start throwing it that way. Plus, discs are sensitive and don't need to be reminded of their flaws :D

No one has mentioned this yet, so I will.
I'm guessing it's alright. I threw it right after and it throws exactly the same - hooking to the right.

I heard it beats into a straight thower. That's what I'm waiting for.

Are you throwing it RHBH like your profile says? If you are, then it won't beat in to straight with the way you are throwing it if it is already turning to the right. Either it is too beat already, or your form (possibly oat) is causing it to go right.

by taking out a chunk like that you saved yourself at least twenty more bad throws to achieve that degree of beatness. it's dx plastic. it's a good thing. that's why everyone buys dx teebirds, right?

this, and like jon said it shouldnt be turing yet if thats the only damage.. take mine a good while to beat into turnover discs... maybe 5-10 rounds and its get to be pretty straight for me.. i carry 3-5 in various stages of wear from fresh to beat... some have a lil turn but it shouldnt turn and burn on ya.. my beat to hell one wont even really do that

Last edited:
Are you throwing it RHBH like your profile says? If you are, then it won't beat in to straight with the way you are throwing it if it is already turning to the right. Either it is too beat already, or your form (possibly oat) is causing it to go right.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is my form unfortunately or not throwing hard enough for the disc yet. I still need a little work.