• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Rock Hill course at the innova factory.

^ there's so much wrong with that post i'm not sure where to start.

How about the dumpster diving...please elaborate. experiences? finds?

:popcorn:

You mean so much right!

A lot of places where I used to dive I'd rather not discuss on public forums just for security reasons and content of dives.

But one of the best places I used to dive was Blockbuster in the 90's to early 2000's. Massive amounts of VHS tapes, and game cartridges were available for the taking. And there were a lot of blockbusters around then in a small radius where I lived. So I would just go to all of them. Hollywood video was also not bad in the early days of it being around.

Movie theaters are also a cool place to dive for all sorts of signs, posters, cardboard cutouts and all the other movie related crap you see while in a movie theater. Sometimes you can even get an in with a certain theater and employee to learn when they dump certain stuff or if you can get it even before it heads to the trash.

I work at a plastic factory...not an disc golf plastic factory(I WISH!!!) and you are supposed to grind bad products even if the plastic is contaminated to save room in the trash and to keep people from dumpster diving. Normally if the mold kicks out a part with a short on it( which is just a product that didn't fully get filled in) you chuck it in a grinder and they reuse the material. Normally straight "regrind" material going back into the press is supposed to contain a max of around 25% reground material. Just my guess

^ there's so much wrong with that post i'm not sure where to start.

How about the dumpster diving...please elaborate. experiences? finds?

:popcorn:

Not really. When I worked at an online art dealer warehouse, I worked in the returns dept (was the only one). When art was damaged in any way (even the frame having a scratch on it), I had to break it and throw it in the trash. Only thing I didn't destroy was mirrors, we took them out of the frame and reframed them, unless they were chipped instead of shattered, then I smashed them in the dumpster. All in the name of dumpster diving, which is legal, only the trespassing isn't.

This thread has gotten sidetracked, but... I work for a metal company. We have dumpsters full of scrap metal (just because it's in a dumpster doesn't mean it's trash). We enthusiastically prosecute those that remove scrap metal from them. Everything on a companies property is their property. Taking it is a crime (theft). Whether the company wants to prosecute you or not is up to them.

This thread has gotten sidetracked, but... I work for a metal company. We have dumpsters full of scrap metal (just because it's in a dumpster doesn't mean it's trash). We enthusiastically prosecute those that remove scrap metal from them. Everything on a companies property is their property. Taking it is a crime (theft). Whether the company wants to prosecute you or not is up to them.

You guys enthusiastically prosecute those who REMOVE things from your trash cans??? If it was sensitive information from a company who could actually be exploited from their sensitive data. But it's scrap metal . . .
WOW, that's insane.

I would thank the guys for doing the jobs of the trash men, but at a quicker pace!

Latest posts