• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

Just want to share my OLF story and this seems like the best place.

Always been interested in trying an OLF but have been a PD guy for years. Love me some JLS and I've had an old SOLS in and out of the bag for years as that's a spot that I like to experiment with. But I was heading out on a little DG road trip and always put the tried and true discs in the bag when on the road and playing new courses.

Well the Millennium love was strong on this trip! We stopped at a killer DG shop (shout out to Okanagan Disc Supply in Kamloops!) who had a bunch of used discs for sale. In moments my buddy says to me, "you might like this one" and hands me a perfect, never thrown 1.1 SOF 160g. $10. SOLD! I do a little more looking around and dig up an unthrown Q Sentinel. Zipper top and perfect. $10. SOLD! I couldn't help but do a little happy dance right there in the store.

So the PD's are out except for the bookend meathook. This 1.1 is amazing. A bit of wind? No problem. Flick? Sure! Just really an easy to throw control driver that is sneaky long. I'm in love. But scared cause I landed on a 1.1 and don't pay collector prices for throwers. But I can't wait to see how this thing seasons up. I suspect it's going to keep getting better for some time.

Just want to share my OLF story and this seems like the best place.

Always been interested in trying an OLF but have been a PD guy for years. Love me some JLS and I've had an old SOLS in and out of the bag for years as that's a spot that I like to experiment with. But I was heading out on a little DG road trip and always put the tried and true discs in the bag when on the road and playing new courses.

Well the Millennium love was strong on this trip! We stopped at a killer DG shop (shout out to Okanagan Disc Supply in Kamloops!) who had a bunch of used discs for sale. In moments my buddy says to me, "you might like this one" and hands me a perfect, never thrown 1.1 SOF 160g. $10. SOLD! I do a little more looking around and dig up an unthrown Q Sentinel. Zipper top and perfect. $10. SOLD! I couldn't help but do a little happy dance right there in the store.

So the PD's are out except for the bookend meathook. This 1.1 is amazing. A bit of wind? No problem. Flick? Sure! Just really an easy to throw control driver that is sneaky long. I'm in love. But scared cause I landed on a 1.1 and don't pay collector prices for throwers. But I can't wait to see how this thing seasons up. I suspect it's going to keep getting better for some time.

1.1's are highly coveted, but I have the 1.4 posted above and it's incredible. Sweet deal on the $10 SOLF and Q sent you made out like a bandit

I'm in love. But scared...

Felt this way too many times after buying a used disc. PFN Champ Valks are my latest obsession. I'm guessing PFN Champ Wraiths will be the next...

However, lightweight 1.1s, SOF penned and zippertop, aren't that hard too find, probably ~20, maybe 25. If you use Facebook, there is a Millennium group where you could find another easy. Otherwise, scour used bins and sites for backups.

If you like Innova Pro plastic, Millennium Standard is their Pro version. I love my 1.3 MOLFs.

I have a white 1.1 SOF 161-3g?, weight could be less, if you're interested.

Last edited:
Felt this way too many times after buying a used disc. PFN Champ Valks are my latest obsession. I'm guessing PFN Champ Wraiths will be the next...

However, lightweight 1.1s, SOF penned and zippertop, aren't that hard too find, probably ~20, maybe 25. If you use Facebook, there is a Millennium group where you could find another easy. Otherwise, scour used bins and sites for backups.

If you like Innova Pro plastic, Millennium Standard is their Pro version. I love my 1.3 MOLFs.

I have a white 1.1 SOF 161-3g?, weight could be less, if you're interested.

Thank you for the generous offer! It's too bad that shipping from the US to Canada is so stupid expensive these days. I'll keep my eyes peeled around here for now.

I feel definitely in the minority seeking out these older molds when most people are all about the latest, greatest disc or boutique run. I tend to doubt that a $100 Cloudbreaker is going to make me a better player!:D

The OLF has to be the most versatile driver of all time. This is my line up right now, and these are the only 3 drivers I've been bagging. 1.2 QOLF is my stable strong hyzer or headwind driver, the pink one is a newish 1.4 SOLF which is my main control driver, and the red one is a flippy 1.2 SOLF which is my distance driver, just a hyzer flip bomber. Crazy how 3 discs from the same mold can fly completely different lines and cover every driver slot.

Attachments

• 20F92433-5B15-4AC0-900B-FB5BA5E4AF34.jpg
    20F92433-5B15-4AC0-900B-FB5BA5E4AF34.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 69
Anyone know how the latest Q/S/MOLF runs that have the flight numbers are flying? I have a bunch of 1.4 SOLF's and they are just a little too straight sometimes so I'm wondering if the newer are more stable.

Anyone know how the latest Q/S/MOLF runs that have the flight numbers are flying? I have a bunch of 1.4 SOLF's and they are just a little too straight sometimes so I'm wondering if the newer are more stable.

I believe 1.4 Q is considered the most OS of the recent runs. I'm generally throwing OLFs in the low 170s, maxing distance in the 375' range with them.

Latest runs of M/Q/S OLF with the 9/5/-1/2 flight numbers are all very close to those numbers off the shelf. Those runs all seem a bit flatter than the 1.4 Q/S OLFs that I have.

The 1.5-1.6 Sirius blends (swirly and light blue only) 170g+ are a bit softer than the 1.4 170g+ ones I have (light blue/white) and are more like my 167g Red one. New 1.5/1.6 S OLFs are more neutral and display a bit of turn (9/5.5/-1.5/2 flight #). 1.4 M OLF (light blue) is stiffer than the 1.5 S OLF and flies more stable, true to 9/5/-1/2 off the shelf. 1.6 Q OLF (dark blue only) is very stiff (more so than the 1.4 Q) and pretty flat. 9/5/-0.5/2 off the shelf.

Probably need to find a different mold if you want a more OS bookend. Draco/Firebird for same speed/more OS/less glide or step up to a Halo Wraith if you need the glide and OS to reach the same distance but left.

I believe 1.4 Q is considered the most OS of the recent runs. I'm generally throwing OLFs in the low 170s, maxing distance in the 375' range with them.

Latest runs of M/Q/S OLF with the 9/5/-1/2 flight numbers are all very close to those numbers off the shelf. Those runs all seem a bit flatter than the 1.4 Q/S OLFs that I have.

The 1.5-1.6 Sirius blends (swirly and light blue only) 170g+ are a bit softer than the 1.4 170g+ ones I have (light blue/white) and are more like my 167g Red one. New 1.5/1.6 S OLFs are more neutral and display a bit of turn (9/5.5/-1.5/2 flight #). 1.4 M OLF (light blue) is stiffer than the 1.5 S OLF and flies more stable, true to 9/5/-1/2 off the shelf. 1.6 Q OLF (dark blue only) is very stiff (more so than the 1.4 Q) and pretty flat. 9/5/-0.5/2 off the shelf.

Probably need to find a different mold if you want a more OS bookend. Draco/Firebird for same speed/more OS/less glide or step up to a Halo Wraith if you need the glide and OS to reach the same distance but left.

Man I thought I knew a lot about OLF's but you just took us to school. Great info. Also, I have a disc I throw when I need more hookup than an OLF. Looks and feels just like an OLF but it's called a star Firebird [emoji41]

Hit an ace today with my 1.4 SOLF! Took a work trip to the Detroit area and drilled the chains with a flick

Attachments

• CE5A9139-18FE-4CD0-91C8-F28E287AB6F9.jpg
    CE5A9139-18FE-4CD0-91C8-F28E287AB6F9.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 67ED4474-E075-4F29-9A65-46250A4AAEEF.jpg
    67ED4474-E075-4F29-9A65-46250A4AAEEF.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 46
Found this beat OLF at play it again yesterday. Seems it may be the 1.2 run per the millennium fb page. Anyone else throw a 1.2 SOLF?

Attachments

• 0C78AA30-5604-4D90-A411-920FF0CF8740.jpeg
    0C78AA30-5604-4D90-A411-920FF0CF8740.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 51
  • FE7F99F7-F52E-4953-81B1-C61CC78D6DD3.jpeg
    FE7F99F7-F52E-4953-81B1-C61CC78D6DD3.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 33
Found this beat OLF at play it again yesterday. Seems it may be the 1.2 run per the millennium fb page. Anyone else throw a 1.2 SOLF?

Does it feel like a vinyl record on top? If so, it's a 1.1. If not, it should be a 1.2 based off of the date.

1.1s are penned SOF, while the rest are SOLF.

Pretty sure it's a 1.2 - definitely not zipper top. It's actually quite stable for how beat it is. I have another 1.2 that's beautifully flippy, so this is a great compliment.

Pretty sure it's a 1.2 - definitely not zipper top. It's actually quite stable for how beat it is. I have another 1.2 that's beautifully flippy, so this is a great compliment.

A flippy OLF is a beautiful thing.

I find discs all the time while out playing, but yesterday I got a real treat. Found this sparkle OLF with no name or number. First time I've ever found a Millennium disc on the course, and it happens to be my favorite mold. #discgolfblessed

Attachments

• 71984F88-3964-4654-9CBA-2945BFDC6430.jpg
    71984F88-3964-4654-9CBA-2945BFDC6430.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 57
Has anyone thrown the 2021 swirly SOLFs? Any comparisons to previous SOLF runs?

Mine came in super champy (almost translucent). Not as OS as my 1.4 QOLFs but almost. Slight dome. Good glide. Really the ideal OLF for me.

Thanks for this. I gotta get one before they disappear.

I found the swirly Sirius 1.5 runs very much the same as the 1.5 and 1.6 Sirius in profile. Pretty straight flights less OS/wind resistance than current domey Thunderbirds or the recent runs of QOLF