• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

Rather than "bookending" with an OLF you could just go Firebird there. I have similar power to you and my current driver line up is beat roadrunner, fresh roadrunner, beat SOLF, fresh solf, beat Firebird, fresh Firebird. I was bagging a QOLF but it definitely overlapped with the firebird, and I'd rather just us a Firebird for Firebird things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather than "bookending" with an OLF you could just go Firebird there. I have similar power to you and my current driver line up is beat roadrunner, fresh roadrunner, beat SOLF, fresh solf, beat Firebird, fresh Firebird. I was bagging a QOLF but it definitely overlapped with the firebird, and I'd rather just us a Firebird for Firebird things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think that's more what I'm aiming for. This SOLF will go in the fresh OLF slot to go along with my hyzer flipper MOLF and my Firebird and understable fairways.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone think we will ever get a g-star olf? What my arthritic fingers need is a G-OLF disc.

Or, Millennium owns the Hyzerbomb brand, right? I would still buy if they release it in frontline-x and call it the FR-OLF-X.

Anyone thrown the 1.7 QOLFs or SOLFs and can compare them to some other runs? I saw a side profile of the QOLF and they look kinda domey.

1.6 QOLF and 1.5/1.6 SOLF were all flatter than average. The one video I saw had the 1.7 QOLF/SOLF runs as slightly more domed than those (maybe like the 1.4 runs). Past runs have had slightly different domes depending on color.

The new QOLS run had much higher dome.

I have a QOLF on order to try but was really looking for a SOLF. How big of a stability difference is there between the Q/S/M plastics?

I'm looking for a disc that I can hyzer flip to flat and still have it fade reliably, or release flat for a S-curve.

I have a QOLF on order to try but was really looking for a SOLF. How big of a stability difference is there between the Q/S/M plastics?

I'm looking for a disc that I can hyzer flip to flat and still have it fade reliably, or release flat for a S-curve.

Sounds to me like you are indeed looking for a Solf/Molf depending on your distance.
I have about 400ft Max D and have 1 flatter Solf which fits your discription. 2 different, newer run Qolfs are more straight to Fade for me.

Can't say how the latest run of Q/S/M will fly. Prior runs of QOLF have been closer to 0 turn unless thrown into a headwind or really hard. Prior MOLF run started at a 9/4/0/2 stability but gained turn & glide fairly quick due to the plastic beating in. The 1.5/1.6 run SOLFs were flatter and had a little turn off the shelf in calm conditions.

The one I have on order is a 1.5 QOLF if thats helps

Haven't thrown the 1.5 QOLF's unfortunately. Just in general the stability goes M/S/Q from least to most overstable. I have a few 1.5 SOLF's that definitely flip up and still fade. If you find the QOLF to be too stable; definitely pick up a 1.5 or 1.6 SOLF. They have some turn right off the shelf. I haven't thrown the 1.7 SOLF's, but I'd imagine they're pretty flippy since my 1.7 QOLF is the most understable of all the OLF's I own.

Here's the breakdown in stability of the OLF's I own to help you (understable to overstable). Most of these range from 167g to 172g. My max distance is 370 ft and I throw OLF's out to ~315-320 ft.

1.7 QOLF -> 1.5 SOLF -> 1.6 SOLF -> 1.1 SOLF -> 1.4 MOLF -> 1.4 SOLF -> 1.4 QOLF

I received and threw the QOLF today in a quite lengthy field session as well as a well shot round at my home course. I got some flip up if I put some power behind it and I could shape it quite easily, but never worry that it would get away from me. Effortlessly straight with a surprisingly mellow fade. A hard flat release gave me a slight drift to the right before fading reliably. I'd rate it 9/5/-0,5/2

I'm glad I went with the Quantum as I suspect the other plastics might have been too understable for what I was looking for.

Received a 1.3 MOLF today and it's absolutely board flat (which I love), is this normal?

Only had a few throws with it on the beach, so obviously bad footing, but not suprisingly it seems less stable than the QOLF I have in my bag.

Received a 1.3 MOLF today and it's absolutely board flat (which I love), is this normal?

Only had a few throws with it on the beach, so obviously bad footing, but not suprisingly it seems less stable than the QOLF I have in my bag.

I think the latest run has more dome (1.5 MOLF) based on discgolfcenter's side profile pictures and OTBdiscs flatness ratings. The 1.4 MOLF I have is fairly flat so it may just be a slightly different plastic blend resulting in the dome differences or they used a slightly different mold piece.

Is the beach closer to sea level and/or windier than where you normally play? I would expect MOLF to be less OS than QOLF and more similar to a SOLF. Flight numbers on latest run stamps are 9/5/-1/2.

Is the beach closer to sea level and/or windier than where you normally play? I would expect MOLF to be less OS than QOLF and more similar to a SOLF. Flight numbers on latest run stamps are 9/5/-1/2.

It's about the same, there was barely no wind though, early morning. I've thown it a few more times in the field now as well and I think 9/5/-1/2 is fairly accurate, it really seems to take the line I throw it on, almost Buzzz-like, doesn't fight out of an anny much.

I bought it to try a less stable QOLF, which I got, looking forward to throwing it more. I would've bought a SOLF but couldn't find one and I can really see how some people cycle these and bag a bunch of these bad boys. They're really workable but still very torque resistant.

It's about the same, there was barely no wind though, early morning. I've thown it a few more times in the field now as well and I think 9/5/-1/2 is fairly accurate, it really seems to take the line I throw it on, almost Buzzz-like, doesn't fight out of an anny much.

I bought it to try a less stable QOLF, which I got, looking forward to throwing it more. I would've bought a SOLF but couldn't find one and I can really see how some people cycle these and bag a bunch of these bad boys. They're really workable but still very torque resistant.

My 1.3 MOLF is also board flat and it's a hyzer flip workhorse now. It also works great turnover lines forehand that have the stability to pull back to center. I have limited experience with my OLF cycle but I think Q really complements M/S which have been straighter/less HSS for me. I've been incredibly happy with my switch to bagging them.

I'm really liking my MOLF so far and it's been beating in a little to where it's very straight now, barely no fade. I'd say it's like a faster Undertaker at this point. How fast do these things beat in to a flip to turnover disc? I haven't got much experience with M/Pro plastic, is it much faster than S/Star or about the same?

I'm really liking my MOLF so far and it's been beating in a little to where it's very straight now, barely no fade. I'd say it's like a faster Undertaker at this point. How fast do these things beat in to a flip to turnover disc? I haven't got much experience with M/Pro plastic, is it much faster than S/Star or about the same?

Probably 1/4 the time to break in M vs. S. I've got 1 MOLF which is a stiffer blend than the recent SOLFs so it started with a little more high speed stability but straightened out in a handful of rounds. I expect most OLFs to retain the low speed fade and pick up high speed turn for a while.

Oh really, that big a difference, that's sorta nice I guess. I haven't been able to lay my hands on a SOLF yet but I'm not sure I need to, my QOLF and MOLF has been quite the pairing so far.

I do tend to prefer the feeling of Star plastic though.

Latest posts