• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

I'm pretty sure the SOLF x-outs at Marshall street are the 1.4 run

I haven't thrown anything more current than those.

Anyone new to the OLF game, if you can get your hands on the 1.3 in Millennium plastic, that run is money. Perfect, flexible pro plastic and they molded up nice and flat. Almost feels like a firebird in in the hand it's so flat.

Have you beat one of these in yet? I'm wondering how long it'll take to replace some of the flippier stuff in my bag.

Have you beat one of these in yet? I'm wondering how long it'll take to replace some of the flippier stuff in my bag.

The only beat in OLF I have is one I grabbed out of the used bin at PIAG. Beat OLF's are pure magic. I have a 1.3 MOLF I've been bagging for a few months and it's still pretty stable. I'd guess you are looking at a year of consistent use until it becomes truly flippy, but worth the wait.

I'll throw in my 2cents on this one.

Beat in times will vary WIDELY based on plastic type, weight, which run it is, what type of courses you play and your power level.

An OLF, lightweight, Millennium plastic, run 1.3 will START to show increased wear and turn in just a few good rounds with regular use for many players.

An OLF, max weight Quantum plastic, run 1.4
Will show almost no change after months of regular use.

The OLF is fantastic for me, I use fresh Quantums into the wind and for big hyzers. I use beat Quantums for very straight tunnel drives. I use lightweight Sirius first runs for long drives and beat ones for big anhyzers. I use Millinnium plastic OLFs to protect my beat in Quantum and Sirius OLFs from too much risk, like water carries.

If you spend much time with them, ANY OLF in ANY condition is usable.

I'll throw in my 2cents on this one.

Beat in times will vary WIDELY based on plastic type, weight, which run it is, what type of courses you play and your power level.

An OLF, lightweight, Millennium plastic, run 1.3 will START to show increased wear and turn in just a few good rounds with regular use for many players.

An OLF, max weight Quantum plastic, run 1.4
Will show almost no change after months of regular use.

The OLF is fantastic for me, I use fresh Quantums into the wind and for big hyzers. I use beat Quantums for very straight tunnel drives. I use lightweight Sirius first runs for long drives and beat ones for big anhyzers. I use Millinnium plastic OLFs to protect my beat in Quantum and Sirius OLFs from too much risk, like water carries.

If you spend much time with them, ANY OLF in ANY condition is usable.

I agree, they are 100% my favorite disc I've ever used. I map pickup an OLS for the time being to get a straight/flippy shot. Once any of my OLF's get flippy it'll be out of the bag.

I agree, they are 100% my favorite disc I've ever used. I map pickup an OLS for the time being to get a straight/flippy shot. Once any of my OLF's get flippy it'll be out of the bag.

I picked up a couple of OLS's for the same purpose, and was actually surprised at how OS they are when new. I've found that the JLS or even the PLS is better for that off the shelf straight/flippy slot.

Just ordered a few OLF after a decade or so of not throwing them, back when 1.3/1.4 was the newer runs. 1 S, 1 Q, 1 M. Wanting to move my bag back to a speed 10 primary driver and speed 7-8 fairway. OLF + Pipeline with Raptor is my intended lineup right now. Rolled with PD+FD+Predator for a long time (until the P PD was discontinued) Hopefully the OLF is as good as I remember.

Also picked up a Falcon for max distance next to the OLFs. Have a few months before season picks up to decide what I'd like to do.

Just ordered a few OLF after a decade or so of not throwing them, back when 1.3/1.4 was the newer runs. 1 S, 1 Q, 1 M. Wanting to move my bag back to a speed 10 primary driver and speed 7-8 fairway. OLF + Pipeline with Raptor is my intended lineup right now. Rolled with PD+FD+Predator for a long time (until the P PD was discontinued) Hopefully the OLF is as good as I remember.

Also picked up a Falcon for max distance next to the OLFs. Have a few months before season picks up to decide what I'd like to do.

Which runs did you get? (if you know that is...kinda stinks they removed them and replaced with flight numbers in the newest stamps but only one run of those so far for M/S/Q)

Been meaning to pick up a MOLF to try, I think latest run is 1.4 for these. OTB has a few and they seem similar dome to the new 1.6 SOLFs listed.

The 1.6 stock SOLF are supposedly similar to the CFR 1.5(swirly) which are really nice and flat. Flight of my 1.5 compares to the original swirly S-PD (non lone howl). Straighter than the 1.4 SOLF run and softer plastic breaks in a bit faster. Probably closest to what a P-PD was and slightly more durable/longer wear pattern.

Been really liking the new 1.6 QOLF, this run seems pretty consistently flat and good both FH and BH (slightly more OS than 9/5/-1/2). I skipped trying the 1.5 run (some dome, limited colors) but the 1.4 are pretty nice also (slight dome, pretty OS).

Which runs did you get? (if you know that is...kinda stinks they removed them and replaced with flight numbers in the newest stamps but only one run of those so far for M/S/Q)

That's a good question - I ordered from Marshall Street and they didn't have it listed. Either way, I can get a baseline for what's available and figure it out from there.

That's a good question - I ordered from Marshall Street and they didn't have it listed. Either way, I can get a baseline for what's available and figure it out from there.

The run # are debossed near the center on the back like Innova does for mold names, Sun King has been pretty good at listing them. Still using ink for mold abbreviation and weight. The new stamps are showing flight numbers on the most recent stock runs from the last year for Millennium. Can't say if 1.5 and 1.6 stock (non-CFR swirly) SOLF are actually different runs.

If you liked P-PDs, you'll probably like the MOLF. Run 1.3 is flat and beautiful. Starts OS and beats in slow and smooth. Absolutely one of my favorites in my bag.

If you liked P-PDs, you'll probably like the MOLF. Run 1.3 is flat and beautiful. Starts OS and beats in slow and smooth. Absolutely one of my favorites in my bag.

For sure, when I was carrying them years ago, I used runs 1.1-1.3 (which was quite new at the time) in a combination of M/S/Q. Pretty sure the MOLF I bagged was flat, so it might have been run 1.3? I'm hoping that I can get the MOLF beat in for a flip up/turnover driver by the time season here ramps up.

my 1.2 and 1.3 QOLFs are getting love again now that I've lost all my older PDs...the new PDs are way to OS to start with, so the 1.2 is that nice straight to finish, with the 1.3 MF QOLFs being a little more OS to start.

For sure, when I was carrying them years ago, I used runs 1.1-1.3 (which was quite new at the time) in a combination of M/S/Q. Pretty sure the MOLF I bagged was flat, so it might have been run 1.3? I'm hoping that I can get the MOLF beat in for a flip up/turnover driver by the time season here ramps up.

The MOLFs on MST are the 1.4 run, I haven't thrown them but I've heard the have a little more dome than the 1.3 and start a little less OS so you should have no problem getting one to that beautiful flippy OLF place where the magic happens

What I did to season one really fast was use it on heavily wooded holes, scrambles, grenades, and overhand shots. It replaced my stable Valks within a couple months.

No clue on the timeline of MOLF runs. I do know the 1.4s are from the last year. 1.3's probably have been out for awhile, but I wouldn't guess for more than ten years though. I'd say you had a 1.1 or 1.2 MOLF. From my own love of baseline plastics, it seems they mold up flatter than premium plastic in the same mold.

What I did to season one really fast was use it on heavily wooded holes, scrambles, grenades, and overhand shots. It replaced my stable Valks within a couple months.

No clue on the timeline of MOLF runs. I do know the 1.4s are from the last year. 1.3's probably have been out for awhile, but I wouldn't guess for more than ten years though. I'd say you had a 1.1 or 1.2 MOLF. From my own love of baseline plastics, it seems they mold up flatter than premium plastic in the same mold.

Yeah it was probably a 1.1 then. I think the QOLFs were 1.3s.

That was a long time ago, and I'm old now and forget things from the 'before kids' time.

All of this MOLF beat to a beautiful place makes me sad. I had forgotten that I lost my favorite MOLF during warmups at my first tourney 10 years ago. :(

I do, however, still bag the QOLF that was my primary driver at that same tourney. It's still a wonderful disc (along with its nearly identical twin that I cycle it with.)

All of the OLFs I got didn't have run numbers and were new style stamps.

The QOLF I got was distinctly higher parting line than the S and M that I got. I could see all 3 making the bag, filling the control driver slot between Raptor and Pipeline.

On a side note - is the Falcon the Millennium version of the Shryke? I got a 167 for MaxD. Not really sure what to expect as I rarely dabble above speed 12, even with flippier drivers.

All of the OLFs I got didn't have run numbers and were new style stamps.

The QOLF I got was distinctly higher parting line than the S and M that I got. I could see all 3 making the bag, filling the control driver slot between Raptor and Pipeline.

On a side note - is the Falcon the Millennium version of the Shryke? I got a 167 for MaxD. Not really sure what to expect as I rarely dabble above speed 12, even with flippier drivers.

Depends on the run, some discussion in the Falcon thread about the variations. The domey 1.2 Sirius is more like a Shryke/Pharaoh than the flat 1.1.

OLF has enough variance to fill out a cycle off the shelf for that Stable->OS control/fairway driver if you get one of each plastic, not many discs you can do that with one mold. Let us know how the MOLF breaks in.

As much as I enjoy the 1.3 MOLF run, I got my hands on a lighter, flatter 1.4 SOLF and I think I'm in love. This is my new go to driver, so easy to control and perfect stability.

Attachments

• C8BB50E8-70CB-472C-9D31-D6EC80BBF4AA.jpg
    C8BB50E8-70CB-472C-9D31-D6EC80BBF4AA.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 37EF720A-5AF6-401B-A7AD-B8FB8C4AA6DA.jpg
    37EF720A-5AF6-401B-A7AD-B8FB8C4AA6DA.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 62
I've been really enjoying throwing my 1.6 QOLF forehand. Higher PLH than either my S or M, much more overstable. Nice controlled shots out to 300', I hadn't realized how versatile this mold can be. 100% making the bag this year, since I'm going to really be focusing on developing my forehand game this year (it's easily the best part of my game and I need to leverage more)

Latest posts