• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

OLF's are not easy to find here in Sweden and only one shop have been having them in stock. I've been loving my 1.3 MOLF so much that I decided to buy all they had in stock, making it six in total with the one in my bag. They are all absolutely board flat, which is exactly what I wanted, I'm definitely not disappointed.

It's been money in tunnels, I just hit it firmly on a slight hyzer and it flips up and rides dead straight forever. Being M plastic it doesn't kick as badly as well either, which is nice.

Sirius/Star OLFs are worth getting your hands of if possible.

If Thunderbirds are more available, and you can find someone with enough knowledge of OLF and Thundy runs you might be able to find what you want that way.

Speaking of...

My favorite S-OLF looks similar to 1.5 runs (white space to the right of the "sirius" tag at the top of the stamp) but its slightly swirly, it has a patent number, and doesnt have the 1.5 run number embossed on the back.

Anyone know what run this is? I would love to dig up more of these, but I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.

If Thunderbirds are more available, and you can find someone with enough knowledge of OLF and Thundy runs you might be able to find what you want that way.

Speaking of...

My favorite S-OLF looks similar to 1.5 runs (white space to the right of the "sirius" tag at the top of the stamp) but its slightly swirly, it has a patent number, and doesnt have the 1.5 run number embossed on the back.

Anyone know what run this is? I would love to dig up more of these, but I'm not even sure what I'm looking for.
I've seen some x-outs (they have a X marked in the top center) from old runs pop up recently at various stores with newer stamps as you described. Patent numbers might date to a specific run though. Might be mixed in with some newer X-outs here so maybe specify the patent numbers if you want more?
https://shop.golfdisc.com/disc-golf-discs/millennium-sirius-orion-lf-x-out

Speaking of...

Those are X-outs. Penning shorthand is usually the key to identifying runs on those. SOLF is second run or later; SOF is first run (they usually have a zippertop). There are some subtleties to whether there's a dash and where is placed that a true Millennium stan would be able to explicate for you I'm sure.

I've seen some x-outs (they have a X marked in the top center) from old runs pop up recently at various stores with newer stamps as you described. Patent numbers might date to a specific run though. Might be mixed in with some newer X-outs here so maybe specify the patent numbers if you want more?
https://shop.golfdisc.com/disc-golf-discs/millennium-sirius-orion-lf-x-out

Thanks!

You guys are totally right. Sorry I missed the X on top - that would have helped, but you guys are on it.

I just found a few x-out S JLS that have the same slightly swirly plastic and have two different stamps. I would buy those too if they weren't 150s.

I will bug the Millennium guys and see if they have any more swirly LFs with patent numbers.

So I finally got myself a OLF after committing to a 9 speed cap in my bag. It's a newer MOLF with flight number on the stamp, and it's quite nice for FHs and might have just saved my FHs from being relegated to upshot duty only. How OS are QOLFs and SOLFs vs the typical MOLF?

So I finally got myself a OLF after committing to a 9 speed cap in my bag. It's a newer MOLF with flight number on the stamp, and it's quite nice for FHs and might have just saved my FHs from being relegated to upshot duty only. How OS are QOLFs and SOLFs vs the typical MOLF?

It looks like current run MOLFs are 1.5.

My 1.3 MOLFs started off more overstable than any of my SOLFs. After using one for the summer it's about where my SOLFs started.

Anyone have more info on the new 1.5 MOLFs specifically?

So now I might have a weird problem on my hands, as I just acquired a great FB, a 7/10 3x Champ ThB, and a Nordic Phenom PD. I think I could justify bagging all 4, but there's probably some overlap between the ThB and OLF. Apparently regardless of the mold the FB bottom is just money for me, though the ThB is probably the least $$$.

Right?

FB Bottom
???
PROFIT!

The way I would solve your problem - bag both and season one. But I have a sirius predilection for OLFs and JLSs, so take that with a grain of salt.

So, Millennium went and changed the flight numbers on the OLF, after 16 1/2 years, changing the fade from 3 to 2.

(I think 9/5/-1/2, frankly, is more accurate.)

So, Millennium went and changed the flight numbers on the OLF, after 16 1/2 years, changing the fade from 3 to 2.

(I think 9/5/-1/2, frankly, is more accurate.)

Millennium didn't start putting flight numbers on the stamp until a year or two ago. I wouldn't say 9/5/-1/2 matches up with some of the new QOLFs but it is inline with the MOLF/SOLF flights from recent runs.

This flight chart is pretty old (OLF rated 9/5/-1/2 and references it being used for the Women's World Distance record holder thrown by Niloofar Mosavar Rahmani 531.5 ft in 2010 - Jen Allen broke that in March 2016 with a Star Wraith 569 ft) but its been updated with the Draco/Falcon/Omega4/Omega Driver/Taurus more recently. Maybe they shifted the fade down on the chart at some point when updating it.
https://www.golfdisc.com/flight-charts/

That fought chart change on the Millennium site is new. It used to say -1/3.

Only the newer QOLFs meet that. All S and M are closer to -1/2. First and second run Q as well, imo. But that third run of Q, with the metal flakes, those are hogs.

Have any of you thrown the swirly SOLFs that are floating around out there? Just wondering if the stability is any different than the most recent run.

Have any of you thrown the swirly SOLFs that are floating around out there? Just wondering if the stability is any different than the most recent run.

I have thrown a couple of the first run they did (released between 1.5 and 1.6 stock Sirius runs with TFR stamps) which are embossed with ORION LF 1.5. They have the old Innova tooling on the bottom and scratched out patent numbers. Profile wise they are most similar to the 1.5 stock run which were flatter and a more flexible blend. Flight is pretty on the numbers 9/5/-1/2.

I have one of the newest run Mauve color and embossed SWSOLF 1.6 I picked up this last year still unthrown. It seems more like the 1.7 SOLF/1.5 MOLF run and shares the new tooling (MADE IN U.S.A). Slight dome, the PLH is lower, and the plastic blend is a bit stiffer & slick. Comparing the rim edge of this one it is sharper & less blunt than my older SOLFs. If it flies like the 1.5 MOLF then it will be a turnover disc.

Anyone thrown the 1.7 SOLF's? I finally got my hands on a couple of these (haven't been able to find SOLFs in Sweden before) and they feel amazing in my hand. However we still have 7 feet of snow which means it's a while before I can throw them with good footing and some power.

I'm hoping they'll fly inbetween my 1.5 QOLF's and 1.3 MOLF's. Especially with a bit more LSS compared to the MOLF's.

Anyone thrown the 1.7 SOLF's? I finally got my hands on a couple of these (haven't been able to find SOLFs in Sweden before) and they feel amazing in my hand. However we still have 7 feet of snow which means it's a while before I can throw them with good footing and some power.

I'm hoping they'll fly inbetween my 1.5 QOLF's and 1.3 MOLF's. Especially with a bit more LSS compared to the MOLF's.

I haven't thrown the 1.7's either but I've heard they're on the straighter side

Has anyone heard any rumors about a Helio run anytime soon?

I've only seen requests for Helio SOLFs and Lunar QOLFs but nothing hinting at them being run officially. Usually Millennium runs a couple specialty plastic blends of longtime popular molds Aurora/JLS/OLF/Scorpius each year but I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the newer Omega4/Solstice/Vela/Draco/Falcon being run. Millennium has already released the brand new runs of Helio S Vela and Lunar Q Solstice during LVC along with some more Helio Dracos with a different stamp (first runs released during USDGC).

I throw a 1.7 SOLF and can confirm they're on the straighter side. Same on the 1.7 QOLF for that matter.

For my arm speed — 330ish for the OLFs — I really like them. However, I'm carrying something a little more stable for windier days: right now beefy Volt.

I'd love to have a slightly more stable OLF, though, if anyone has suggestions.