• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Omega

93EXCivic

Double Eagle Member
So can someone talk to me about Omegas.

How does the big bead compare to a regular Omega? How does the Q Omega fly?

I am thinking about finding a driving putter/ headwind putter that is somewhat less overstable then the Scale.

I am trying to decide between a Q Omega, Luner ET or Big Bead AP.

Omega is pretty similar to an aviar p&a, but with a small bead. It's not wildly more stable than a p&a, but a bit more so. Into a wind, the omegas I have (super soft, AP which is hard pro) still get knocked around. It's a great straight flier that is pretty easy to control and takes power pretty well.

I haven't thrown a big bead, but as I understand it is very similar to a big bead aviar-x. If that is the case it might make a pretty good windy day throwing putter, but I can't say from experience.

I have wanted to try a q-mega, but haven't gotten to it yet. For what it's worth I think an omega AP makes a great approach disc, and if you like a slicker, harder putter (think KC pro but a bit glossier) it putts very well.

Omega is pretty similar to an aviar p&a, but with a small bead. It's not wildly more stable than a p&a, but a bit more so. Into a wind, the omegas I have (super soft, AP which is hard pro) still get knocked around. It's a great straight flier that is pretty easy to control and takes power pretty well.

I haven't thrown a big bead, but as I understand it is very similar to a big bead aviar-x. If that is the case it might make a pretty good windy day throwing putter, but I can't say from experience.

I have wanted to try a q-mega, but haven't gotten to it yet. For what it's worth I think an omega AP makes a great approach disc, and if you like a slicker, harder putter (think KC pro but a bit glossier) it putts very well.
Cool. I grabbed an AP Big Bead 1st run from Marshall with my order.

Did a bit more reading and it seems like a Big Bead is more what I am looking for.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

So I have really been liking the Big Bead so far. Is there any difference in stability between the Supersoft, Sirius and AP? Also how soft is a Supersoft? What plastic is closest to Supersoft?

Supersoft varies pretty widely. Im a former omega ss addict, and have ones that are floppy like an SSSS, and some that are more firm like an S.

Supersoft varies pretty widely. Im a former omega ss addict, and have ones that are floppy like an SSSS, and some that are more firm like an S.
How is the durability?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

How is the durability?

I've taken my SS Omega big bead out to the course 3 times so far, mainly for 'touch' up shots and throws where I want the disc to hit & sit.

It has a few decent-sized dings already - seems like this one may not last the whole summer.

Omega SS plastic does vary, however I've never known an SS to be less than durable. My current touch shot disc is a Brinster Omega SS which even after thrashing for a couple of years still has a decent bit of stability.

Omega SS is generally a touch more overstable than the AP, even though they're the same mold.

The big bead AP was my go to putter last year, only losing out to the KC Aviar for the stiff plastic. The AP BB is a great bridge between a standard Aviar and KC/JK/BB Aviar(~X).

The AP/SS BB have the same smaller shoulder as a standard Aviar P&A, but share the bottom wing/bead from an Aviar-X. The BB has more stability than a P&A, but not as much as an Aviar-X.

Fun Fact: The Omega SS BB first run has the Aviar-X shoulder, resulting in a JK/KC mold in Omega SS plastic.

Latest posts