• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Disc Round

Squall

Can get fairly good distance with it.

Will turn and hold left or right if released with enough angle, otherwise will fly fairly straight with a gentle S-shape.

Decent enough for putting.

Second choice, a Cobra, the disc I used in the one and only official one-disc tournament I've played in (didn't own the Squall at that time).

I will play multiple one disc rounds with a rancho Roc if I need to beat in a replacment. Been thinking about throwing a few one disc rounds with an Aviar lately but havn't done so.

Roc n Roll

I've been playing more one disc rounds this year and I've been using my beat up Roc every time. A few days ago, I threw a running one disc round on my "home course" (Maxwell Park) and threw one stroke off my average score with a full bag.

The best players here in town swear by the one disc round as a way to really learn how to throw every shot and not rely on the disc to do all the work. I'm starting to think they may be right. :)

I've been playing more one disc rounds this year and I've been using my beat up Roc every time. A few days ago, I threw a running one disc round on my "home course" (Maxwell Park) and threw one stroke off my average score with a full bag.

The best players here in town swear by the one disc round as a way to really learn how to throw every shot and not rely on the disc to do all the work. I'm starting to think they may be right. :)

hmm good point, i just might have to try that.

I haven't done it, but if I had to it'd be a Buzzz, maybe my stratus, but that's just because it feels more understable than is listed to me....

Aviar

One disc rounds are awesome to play! Really tests your game and improves it as well. Naturally you have to take a DX Aviar with you.

Some days I'd say my worn in Elite X Stratus, other days I'd say my ESP Buzzz. But I'd be content to do a one-disc round with either any day.

hmm good point, i just might have to try that.

It's a great way to get some exercise. I did this with two discs all the time, a putter and a roc, and I lost 15lbs in just a few weeks playing 18 holes jogging 3-5 times per week. My dog got in better shape too. :)

Latest posts