• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] One disc that every player should try at least once.

Agreed. Most of the people I play with bag zero midranges.

I'll go Roc, because it's my fav, but would encourage more midrange love in general.

Now to be fair there are some Fairway drivers most from Discraft that are almost a midrange disc, Glide, the Stratus, and the Zombie that are not much faster then a Buzz or Meteor and are basically between a midrange and fairway driver making them fairway discs without the driver attached to the name, almost like a driving midrange disc.

I'll say Discraft Flick. Most people probably haven't seen or thrown a Flick. Its a very fast, glideless, versatile overstable driver. Great for hook shots around obstacles and sidearm shots.

I keep a Flick in the bag at all times.

Definitely a disc everyone should at least try.

Axiom Envy. I've never thrown any other putter that has that same mix of stability, glide, distance potential, and forgiveness. It is essentially the perfect "one disc round" disc. Everyone should try one.

Aviar PnA. I think everyone should try one and have one in their stack of extra discs.

As for a less common disc I would recommend a Coyote Multi-purpose disc in Champion Plastic, PFN, before the Lycan and Mako can out. Very easy to control, can hit lots of different lines, and it's really good for low ceiling shots you want to slide on the ground.

Ha, I gotta laugh BenHaavisto, because one of my very first discs when I started throwing was a Champ Valk. Lost it early on and never threw one for about 7 years, when i recently got another in Pro, and I have been loving it.

That said, my vote would be Warship.

Sidewinder I think since it's so manageable for most to throw, yet fun. If it's "too flippy" for you to throw then you need to figure some things out in your throw. And when you can throw them right it's such an easy and nice flight, shows you that there can be a balance between glide and speed to get big distance.

A Night Strike. Easily one of the most versatile throwers I've ever tried. It's like a beefier, more predictable cousin of a Leo3.

I agree on both the TeeBird and Comet but I'd say a Zone if I had to pick a top one.

There's a lot of clones out there that do similar things but I personally think it'd the best at it and one of the most useful discs I've ever bagged.

Banshee for something a little different. Many players would benefit from throwing something slightly slower and less overstable than a Firebird or FB clone

Coyote!

Great for beginners and pros alike

You can make it do anything you want and angle control is key to establish early.
(Especially nowadays since everyone has an anhyzer snap from throwing discs that are too overstable)

Flies like a $$$ glidey beat in roc and the Champ plastic keeps its stability for years

Latest posts