• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] One disc that every player should try at least once.

I mean my Casey to English translation tool took that to mean Dave D threw a Mamba in a #AskDave YouTube video somewhere along the line. Yours gave a different result?

Yeah I used the wrong name, Sorry and thanks for correcting Three Putt, It was Ask Dave, I shopuld have known. No where in the wording did I say anything about Dave using Discraft so Where Streets got that from I have 0% of an Idea, unless he is making more of a joke of my mistake then necessary.

I can't believe more people haven't said Envy in this thread. Since it was released, it's always amongst the top of recommendations for posts like this one. And for good reason. The Envy is definitely the answer.

Good mentions so far. For me personally I'd say the Polecat b/c they're almost always unfairly collecting dust at your nearest big box store. One throw and you're transported to a time when mullets, short shorts, and striped tube socks were cool. And unlike Zephyrs and such you don't have to worry about it fitting in your bag. Same goes for the Sonic, Rattler, etc.

In the same vein of the Comet, I think the Fuse is a similarly magical disc. Heavy Opto Fuses are just fantastic.

For craziness, the Justice is so overstable for a wide mid.

PA4 is a great glide-y very straight throwing putter I think everyone should try. Though I have heard a lot of complaints of handfeel. I guess it's very similar to a magic but I've never thrown a magic.

Good mentions so far. For me personally I'd say the Polecat b/c they're almost always unfairly collecting dust at your nearest big box store. One throw and you're transported to a time when mullets, short shorts, and striped tube socks were cool. And unlike Zephyrs and such you don't have to worry about it fitting in your bag. Same goes for the Sonic, Rattler, etc.

In the same vein of the Comet, I think the Fuse is a similarly magical disc. Heavy Opto Fuses are just fantastic.

For craziness, the Justice is so overstable for a wide mid.

Justice is the most OS disc I own and I have a stego. Its clutch as a utility disc or for high winds putting with it.

The Aerobie Epic

This epicyclic disc is so freakishly cool from a nerdy scientific angle. You can adjust the OS/US by flexing the disc before your round (or your throw). You can make it more OS than an ape or more US than a roadrunner.
On the other hand, you are bending it by feel and that guesswork can yield very unwanted results. And the plastic is like a stale gummy bear and doesn't hold up well against repeated impacts.

Still, if you like the science of disc flight, the Epic is worth a shot.

I say any putter that comes in a soft plastic softer then the putter you currently use unless that is a very soft/flexible putter like a Soft X plastic, a Steady Ed special plastic or a flexible run of R-Pro. Try a soft putter for uphill/downhill putting, sideways hill putts, near edge of cliff, and for shots that need to sit like putt is near water. Just do not get a floppy where the plastic bends when picked up in put grip type of lid putting putter or more then likely you will have problems putting with it. Same for an approach disc try a soft plastic complement in same mold as main approach disc if it has a soft plastic.

Didn't comb through all the replies so this may have already been said:

Groove :)

Everyone hates on it but I bet a small percentage of the haters have never thrown it (me included). Probably the most hated/least thrown disc out there.