• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One of my best!!

Jermy

Birdie Member
100% hand cut / hand painted , I wanted to achieve a very painterly sort of effect with the shading and silhouette. Some of the black dye mixed with the colors during painting, but I think it adds to the effect. One of my favs. so far!

Samurai.jpg

Cool, Did you paint it with a brush? How long did that take

Yep, used a brush. Didn't take very long, I have an experimentation disc that I toyed around on first to kinda figure out how to get that look though, that took some time.

How thick did you have to get the dye? Or let it sit? Details

hmm, i'm kinda particular about the details... I learned this entirely on my own through a good bit of trial and error, and want to encourage others to do the same.
Its not that I don't want to share, but I don't want every other disc out there looking like mine either. Hope you can understand!

Incredible work Jermy. A truly unique disc and one of my new top 5 dyes. Bravo!

Thanks everyone! Some of you do some great work yourselves and that keeps me goin!

I found contact paper pretty cheap at the hardware store too. Out here the store is called True Value or Ace Hardware. I can't believe anyone still uses contact paper though?

The ONLY problems i've had with contact paper is its hard to stick on the very edge of the disc. For example, half the disc masked, half unmasked, the edge of the contact paper at the edge of the disc likes to let dye in... I've corrected this with glue o_O
Other than that, no problems at all, i use it exclusively!

I found contact paper pretty cheap at the hardware store too. Out here the store is called True Value or Ace Hardware. I can't believe anyone still uses contact paper though?

I assume that you're using vinyl then, which I am as well. But do how do you cover up your areas that you don't want dyed by your next soak if ther area is extremely detailed or oblonged? There's got to be times where having a clear coat to put over your disc and then cut out your next soak is better than trying to re attach a vinyl peice to fit perfectly right?

Last edited:
nice dye, it is super awesome. what disc is it on? and do you plan on throwing it? :D

Latest posts