• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Plastic to Rule Them All.

wolfmandragon

* Ace Member *
Say that you would only be able to throw one type of plastic for the rest of your life, what would it be? From putter to the fastest driver to the most over-stable utility disc.
For this discussion we will assume that you could have any mold design in this plastic, regardless of the company that produces the disc.
Sub-categories of plastic, for the purpose of this discussion, are completely different. Pro is different than KC Pro which is different from McPro. Neutron is different from Soft Neutron which is different from Fission.

What say you?

I'm really enjoying the feel and characteristics of Lat64's new Frost line. I've always loved their plastics, the Gold Line, Opto and even the recycled. The Frost I think is a great addition, and i'm excited to see how it feels when snowy/cold outside. Supposedly that's where it will really pay off

I'd have to go with Innova Pro.

I wanted to say DX or Star, but I think Pro is the best blend of the two for me.

Dynamic Discs plastic "Prime". DX prices with far superior grip. OR "Fossil Fuel" from RDG, although I've only thrown it in the Scale.

Or maybe "Special Blend" from Innova?

Anything really cycleable.

Star, because it has so many varieties... you can get stiff star, just as gummy as G-Star star, regular half still star, star-lite (blizzard star).

I guess DX-grade was it for years so I won't complain about not getting to pick driver and mid/putter blends.

Firm Fossil's pretty great.

Sooooo many good plastics.... Old school Star, pearly Champion, early Opto, but if I had to pick one, it would be CryZtal. It seems to make molds more OS than their normal Z counterparts, which is something I like. Also, it is indestructible. Only gets better with age.

Last edited:
Vibrant X-link medium is taking over my bag. It has durability and grip. This material is so different then all the other companies 'plastic' I'm wondering how other molds would work in it.

Discraft Z

I know...so pedestrian but here's what I've tried previously:

Discraft:
ESP, Pro D, FLX, FLX-ESP, Titanium, z-lite

Innova:
Champ, Pro, DX, RPro, blizzard, CE

Gateway:
Soft, RFF, Supersoft, SSS, Organic S, S-Series, HPP

Lat64:
Opto, gold, opto air

So yeah, if I can get it in Z that's what I'm buying and yes I really do like z over all those others.

Latest posts