• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Plastic to Rule Them All.

GL has been my favorite for a while, although Opto is starting to grow on me, especially in the driver department. Gotta love the Gateway plastics for putters, hands down (especially a stiffer eraser blend). I've only been playing for about 2 years, so the CE, "old Star", etc talk is lost on me, but I wish I knew of which you sage long time throwers speak. But if there could only be one, the "Highlander" plastic, in my opinion, would have to be GL/Fusion/Tournament.

I would go with Sure Grip, which covers many options from flexible to firm, so if I had to go with one blend of it I would get the stiff eraser blend like they have done Wizards in and I have a Devilhawk like it, much better grip than the Medium/G9i blend but holds stability and seasons well for the price. It would be a bit odd throwing drivers in it but I don't get to use them that much at most of the courses I play.

Prodiscus Ultrium. One of the best for plastics for throwing, and the best plastic for dyeing.

DX was all you really had back in the day.

Glad I don't have to make this choice. Because frankly it has improved the game-plastic technology.

A lot of research done mostly by the auto manufacturing has pushed the limits of what plastic can be like.

Disc golf has greatly benefited from other companies major expenditures in R and D.

So to have a forum like this really is ridiculous.

As far as I am concerned, Star and StarLite are one plastic, and Champion and Blizzard are one plastic--adding air bubbles doesn't change the plastic, just the product that is made with the plastic. I believe the same to be true for Neutron and Fission, but I could be wrong.

Based on that assumption, then Neutron/Fission would be the choice for me, with Star/StarLite as the runner up...

Except, I don't know how my bag could ever be complete w/o one or two Signature Line Plastic discs.

If I had to choose just one... :confused: <head explodes>

I believe the same to be true for Neutron and Fission, but I could be wrong.

Neutron and Fission feel identical in the hand (in my small sampling, I only have one Fission that I won from Noodle Arm) The Fission flight plate has MINORLY more flex, but overall I would definitely put them under the same category.

Cheers.

old early star plastic was my fav for ever but for current stuff I LOVE Legacy Icon plastic.. has amazing grip and love the way it seasons

I guess if I had to choose, I'd go Opto/VIP. I'm consistently amazed after high speed collisions with our leafy friends that this discs show no sign of damage - nothing. And I find the grip much much better than Champ, Z, etc.

Latest posts