• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

online disc golf sites

I don't like having to choose 173-175g and not choosing color. I only buy in person or from sites that let me choose color and weight directly, so I know when i submit the order i get what i want. But i won't pay $5 extra for that. but $1 for "for sure right weight/color" is worth it for sure.

something I think gets forgotten in the smallest=best lovefest...
EVERY dealer started small. Nobody jumped into the "big X".
DN was one person in the family garage 10 years ago. It might seem like a "personal touch" gets lost when invoices are printed, or orders go through websites instead of email or phone, but that same person from the garage 10 years ago is down the hall here, packing your orders with care. Point A to B is good business and service that can scale to the kinds of order volumes you'd imagine from this weekend... in other words, happy customers and lots of 'em.

exact color and weight was some hot technology like 4 years ago :)

To be fair, DiscNation doesn't use exact weight, they just use the manufacturers weights*. Which aren't always reliable.

* - except Discraft, which they have to weigh to get exact numbers

I think the answer has to be DGCourseReview.com. I haven't found any retailer that matches what the folks on here do. You get weights/pics, OOPs, SE/LE, CFR, Rares, you want it, DGCR has it. And usually at better prices than any retailer.

To be fair, DiscNation doesn't use exact weight, they just use the manufacturers weights*. Which aren't always reliable.

* - except Discraft, which they have to weigh to get exact numbers
That used to be true. These days about half of all the discs are scale-weighed during the receiving process. We're transitioning to everything being weighed in-house by scale, at which point we'll market that fact. Right now each scale-weighed barcode is marked with some text that indicates it was precision-weighed, and may differ from manufacturer weight.

Still, the whole notion of "exact weight and color" has traditionally been about single-gram purchase options vs weight ranges, rather than the separate scale-weighed feature. I'd bet we're the only retailer who weighs discs within the workflow, without human fingers on number keys. For that matter we're probably the only place in the world with golf disc receiving software.

My top online spots, since we all have an opinion :D

DiscGolfStore.com - Same inventory as Disc Nation, usually at about a dollar more, but with free shipping. For single discs, you come out at less than DN. Shipping is also lightning fast.

CommunityDiscs.com - Excellent customer service, and a larger selection than people are giving credit for. $1 shipping, and also damn fast. Order on Monday, gets to the west coast by Thursday.

DiscOutfitters.com - Not as large of an inventory, but free, fast shipping when you find the disc you want.

DiscGolfCenter.com - Another free shipping site with large inventory. Rewards discounts add up if you're a frequent buyer, but the shipping is slow. Often times it takes more than a week to get here, so I order here if I am not in a hurry.

I appreciate what Marshall Street does in terms of weighing discs and having a large selection, but I often buy only one or two discs at a time, meaning I can't justify the higher shipping cost.

Everyone has their favorites, but I look for exact inventory and good shipping overall.

I look for exact inventory and good shipping overall.
I've been begging to release some hard numbers about DiscGolfStore on Black Friday. The total number of discs that went out the door would be impressive, but it's merely context for this far more amazing number: 2 discs had inventory issues. Not 2 models, but 2 individual discs. Out of a very large number sold, in a very short timeframe, with a whole bunch of traffic hitting and buying at once, TWO discs weren't there when we went to pick the order. No site crashes, no database flops, no Factory Store nonsense. Clean-burning frisbee technology.

No offense, but I'm tired of all the Zamspam.
None taken, feel free to ignore me :thmbup:

/\ YES! Make EVERYDAY a "Small Business Saturday." 1st check with your local clubs pro shop, support the guys that do alot of work on a local level.

Latest posts