• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Online or at a local store?

I prefer to buy at a retail store if possible. I was in Nashville yesterday and found a disc golf only retail store. It is called Cloud 9, and it was a great shop with great prices. The only store comparable is in Bowling Green at a outdoor sports store called Nats, but Cloud 9 beats their prices. If you live in Nashville your lucky.

Also, Academy Sports in Nashville had a lot of different discs and brands which is unusual in a chain store.

If my local store wasnt overcharging every disc by 3-4 more than discgolfcenter and actually had a decent assortment of discs i would consider it.

A local store is always preferable just because you can see exactly what you're buying. It also is better for people who need just one disc (at that point sales tax is usually cheaper than shipping).

Unfortunately, we don't have one here.

Does anyone know if there is a local store in South Carolina. Not Dicks Sporting goods either! I know there isn't one in Myrtle Beach, but maybe Charleston perhaps?

Well as long as the selection is ok and the owner or people working there know a good amount like at mine, I would say that it's so much nicer to have a local shop. I have yet to buy online because the owner at my local pro shop is so cool and helpful I'd rather give him the business unless he didn't have that disc because it's uncommon(ex they don't carry the innova dragon or archangel).

Well, Academy in Lake Charles had discs for three years and no local course. Now 18 months after we get a local course, they pull the discs saying that people didn't buy them in the years they had them offered. I thought they must be following the Catch-22 marketing plan. Now I'll try to get a local sports apparel store to handle some basic discs. New people look to buy from a local store at first.

There are plenty of great stores around here so this is how I buy em:
local pro- support them! They're probally poor
pro shop- they only sell dg and that can't be easy
cj's- great selection and they give a 10% league discount
pias- great for used finds
holdens/ six and park- decent selection
Internet-sweet dyes

I try stuff out in stores (well, not throwing, but how it feels in my hand, what weight I want, etc.), and buy online. It's cheaper. I'd like to be able to support local retailers, but I gotta save as much as I can (to buy more plastic...haha! But really, to pay the bills).

I'm always looking at local shops, but they don't have a heck of a lot of selection. None of the local shops are DG shops. One's a boutique "they have a tanning salon, hair dresser and random hippie clothes...and like between 5 and 40 discs) one's a SUB SHOP. That's right, they're primary business is to sell you pizza and salami. Which they do just fine, thank you. But they have the largest selection of discs around basically because they're like 100M away from Ellison Park. (you can walk off the course at the tee of hole 12, get a sub, and be back in like...15 minutes..) They've got a lot of stuff, but only Innova and Discraft (I like everything, okay?)

Then there's Dick's and Play it again Sports.

I check them all, a lot. But they rarely have anything that I need/want. If I lose a disc I love, or try somebody's and I want it now, I'll check those places. If I want something specific, something I can't find in a store, a specific color etc. Then I'll buy online.

I also buy stuff off of this site a lot. Over half of my discs came from you guys. a LOT of putters. A few drivers, and like...6 mids.

I love you guys btw.

\/\/