• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Pure question

pigpen

Par Member
Finally ordered one.
Came in yesterday.
Pink flight plate with an orange/pink swirly rim.
Really neat looking but the the parting line is strange.

At first I thought it was excess plastic, very sharp flashing.
I sanded it off with 220 grit sandpaper.
(I typically knock down excess flashing off the bottom of the rim.)

But this one is just wrong.
After sanding I noticed that there is actually a groove, not excess.

I have several Lat discs and this is the first one quite like this.
Do I have a bad mold? Maybe due to the change in plastic color?
Will the disc fly as intended?

All Opto Pures come with that flashing-like line of plastic along the parting line. Recyled Pures also have this but it is less pronounced.

Are you saying that when you sanded it off, it created a groove in the plastic??

Nevermind.
Finally looked at it my glasses on.
It just has a massive amount of flashing.
More than I have seen (if I could see) on any other Lat disc.
The groove was an optical illusion to my poor old eyes.

Off to throw it.

yeah my opto pure had the same problem, it just wasn't perfectly molded I guess. It didn't affect anything though, I just sanded it off and was on my way.

Ever seen flashing this bad? Its pretty much unusable (without de-flashing). Its a Recycled Gold Line Pure. smh :thmbdown:

Ive only tried my hand at deflating twice; once with sandpaper and once with a knife. Neither outcome was great. Any suggestions on flashing this bad?

Attachments

• Pure Flahsing.jpg
    Pure Flahsing.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Pure Flashing.jpg
    Pure Flashing.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 97
I would contact whoever you got it from and ask why they shipped it to you in the first place?

I would say a sharp razor blade and sanding might be your best bet. I got my first Pure in Zero Medium and it had some edge flashing (not a bead like that) and the bottom flashing was the worst part. I threw it on some smooth asphalt and sanded the rest off. I like the plastic but the disc itself is meh at best. I will keep my Zero Hard Mercys for shorter drives, approaches, and Putting!

Yeah, its unfortunate. De Flashing it runs the risk of potentially ruining it and changing it forever… But I don't think I have any recourse except to just go for it. Kinda crappy on the company who sold it to me and Latitude for letting it outta the factory.

All my GL drivers and mids are sweet action in the quality control dept. Smooth and beautiful! The ZH Mercys have been beautifully smooth too! :clap:

Dont know what happened to my Pure :thmbdown:.

Most of the Pures I have seen are that way.
I just use some really fine sand paper and knock most of it off.
You just need to be careful on the bottom, the Pure does have a micro bead.

Latest posts