• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

Infinite Discs just got a bunch of pre flight Orcs weighing up to 169g. I picked up these 3. The red is very champ like. The orange is marked S-O on the back which I've never seen. They still have a lot left of anyone is interested

Attachments

• 25A39AF8-5FAD-4CED-ACEE-AC4EF85AE180.jpg
    25A39AF8-5FAD-4CED-ACEE-AC4EF85AE180.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 80
  • A4C3312C-1974-44C8-A421-AE0821C5D74C.jpg
    A4C3312C-1974-44C8-A421-AE0821C5D74C.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 50
Infinite Discs just got a bunch of pre flight Orcs weighing up to 169g. I picked up these 3. The red is very champ like. The orange is marked S-O on the back which I've never seen. They still have a lot left of anyone is interested

How flat are they?

How flat are they?

Between flat (the red has the most dome) to board flat (the white) I took them to a field today and they are pretty overstable. Will be great to cycle

Attachments

• 0951B85D-C681-4721-8F28-AF7AD288002A.jpg
    0951B85D-C681-4721-8F28-AF7AD288002A.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 03636FAA-5CC4-42D5-B43A-1ED0530524EC.jpg
    03636FAA-5CC4-42D5-B43A-1ED0530524EC.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 57
Between flat (the red has the most dome) to board flat (the white) I took them to a field today and they are pretty overstable. Will be great to cycle

Those look pretty sweet. If I wasn't a PD guy I'd probably be an Orc guy. Or maybe a Thunderbird guy, or a Vulture guy. Lotsa good options in this area these days.

I wanted to check in with some of you other Orc throwers, and get your opinions on what Innova is currently shipping these days.

I have a 171 PFN Champ Orc that is my main driver. It's just now starting to turn a bit more than I like, and is becoming unreliable in headwind shots. Orcs are on my to-buy list, and I'm just trying to get an idea of weights.

Are current Champ or Star Orcs throwing more overstable than normal these days?

I've thrown a couple of the current embossed run Orcs and they both flew like the average Orc. They felt just like the other runs of Orcs from the past 5-6 years.

I've thrown a couple of the current embossed run Orcs and they both flew like the average Orc. They felt just like the other runs of Orcs from the past 5-6 years.

Thanks! After reading through the Destroyer thread, I was a little concerned that there was some "secret" I had to look for in order to get a good Orc these days.

I wanted to check in with some of you other Orc throwers, and get your opinions on what Innova is currently shipping these days.

I have a 171 PFN Champ Orc that is my main driver. It's just now starting to turn a bit more than I like, and is becoming unreliable in headwind shots. Orcs are on my to-buy list, and I'm just trying to get an idea of weights.

Are current Champ or Star Orcs throwing more overstable than normal these days?

If you need an Orc with a touch more beef, try a champion Starfire. Very similar looking and feeling disc, but the Starfire probably won't turn on you at all.

I love the Starfire in headwinds or situations where your shot absolutely can't bleed right.

If you need an Orc with a touch more beef, try a champion Starfire. Very similar looking and feeling disc, but the Starfire probably won't turn on you at all.

I love the Starfire in headwinds or situations where your shot absolutely can't bleed right.

I was looking at the Starfire too, and want to grab a Pro Starfire (SL). My arm seems to be happiest in this speed range.

I'm stopping by PIAS on the way home today. It was pretty windy during my lunch round, so I'll see if they have some decent Orcs and a Starfire.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks! After reading through the Destroyer thread, I was a little concerned that there was some "secret" I had to look for in order to get a good Orc these days.

I only tried a couple, and like I said they are average Orcs. Just like the previous runs of Orcs and everything else Innova makes (and other companies as well), you are going to find variation even within runs.

If you have a chance to in person, put multiple orcs down on a flat surface and compare the parting line heights.

Sometimes even a fool gets lucky. Same color (my favorite), same weight, and 25% off. Wish they had more than one.

x5Bkn0xLDXXfiyHY2Xu6tIInBe3v8CQs1yHeBGisLUYQQxihDaiCSBMAhjOgHtqb5sh3Q4JRwqqWuXXmRo2u-_bbX5qNF1K2ccVZdyGlsOesYM8xiQJPidfHgUKaZQMUzW8gpkQt4DX3LKZZknwvAAZMVGdL4TKRDhRIWrsDEPTOt6qNub2wsDTmEtE7ewBdJGYcjDZd_GZ8P9lvNToXac8EwtsRauKFsZ93L5PYCnMnMZitjOxiddi0JSN4tCa6Jiknnl-5ZF2z_4q2V1V9I1WHSKEa7rC7Kw73xjw2R6Zhunw24vCWCRTA5KJBbjBwnMSTpTBEdGOd5mRjSqIykw-QveeKA4xOYf7PNUMz6he6LwK0GLeX1Z90VUCefKYA2rwEXpCfOt5ZiRL9_wEAbfHeDURIV1ibr7nS_bHx4vViP68ugWtIbWON2xjpqEdZxaqhJYSFaYRSty51UsyjkJRRwASFGgaevpyIfJe-hiwSTodBsXisVy6P5noC1RUUlKMF-KJiv9ITC1L2j5Afy9Ne0P0dg8LaC8h3BD0IuUk2wmfU6ZeA_w236LY1cyL_65mDfd8_UrCj6I4PnOIaHTbP4Jn8ALVQrRliUXWMcPe0uv2bPI5SFsHfk3azj_2qjvx0MM87NPAK_4ODNaftHzbMsN4cOQ4n=w755-h718-no

Infinite has some very pretty 165-169 PFN Star Orcs on their site right now, for you orc folk.

Some red and yellow still available.

I play 3-5 rounds a week but haven't practiced putting or throwing since I started carrying a small bag the first week of November (except for one hour long session while giving an impromptu private lesson). That said, yesterday I took in order of stability my 6/10 champ shryke, now seasoned 6/10 175 domey champ orc about the same stability 5/10 proto D1, big gap to 6/10 Outlaw, and finally 7/10 Ricky destroyer (425' max) for some field work. For reference, my best throws were 470ish with the D1 and throwing 180 degrees back to where I started my best throws against the wind were around 430'.

In Orc Love personals, I bombed my domey champ Orc 470' yesterday equaling my best throws of the day. Caught an airbounce about 325+ and held that turn. I have a domey swirly star 175 that was major overstable like my Champ Orc used to be. Now that my form has gotten more consistent, it might be time to give that star Orc another look at the slot my champ Thunderbird has claimed. With Orcs I MIGHT get similar results with for over 350'+ shots but with less effort. Time will tell but I'm guessing my long pull days are numbered.

tl;dr Orcs go farr<3

My relatively new Star Orc recently took the spot of my stable (not overstable) Thundy. It's a great flier and my pals on the course get weirded out every time I park a hole with it.

Some red and yellow still available.

maybe they added some more because there are a LOT of great looking pink, blue, and orange ones on there now! I grabbed a couple pink and a blue one a couple weeks ago and am having a hard time not ordering more....

Finally found my Champ Orc I lost last year. It has immediately become my go to distance driver again. It's longer than my trespass and tern while also flying straighter than both. It's easily my my favorite disc (except maybe a banger gt, but that's for a different thread).

Latest posts