• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

simpletwist

* Ace Member *
Last year I gave the Orc a try. I was losing my touch with my Surge SS and wanted to try something else. Somehow, somewhere I came a cross a slightly used Champion Orc. It was almost an instant success. I have less than an anemic BH and I was having a tough time getting any distance with an anny with any distance. The Orc was the answer. A Flash showed some promise but was a touch more overstable I think to do what I needed.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago.

I lost my beloved Orc in the water. :wall: So I got 2 replacements.

As expected or feared neither of the brand new Orcs fly like my well seasoned one. :thmbdown:

But I did not give up on either of the new discs. And to my surprise and delight, one is showing some anhyzer promise while the other is becoming a long distance champ. This past week I've been throwing an Orc as far as a Nuke (325+ course distance)with more ease and even better, more consistency.

I'm throwing the Orc more and more on almost every kind of drive and I'm getting great results. For me the Orc can take a ton of torque, its forgiving, and its very predictable.

Lets hear it for the ORC!

The first time I threw an Orc, I was hooked.

I haven't stopped throwing them since.

The Orc was my first disc I broke 400' with, and I agree, they can be really nice. My problem is usually finding them stable enough for my liking. I got a few that were out of the box rollers and sort of gave up on the mold. I think the stiff champs with a moderate dome were the best for me, but that probably doesn't mean that all of those are good either....

The good ones are sweet fliers though, and are very predictable. Its just not one of the hot new discs out there, so people don't talk about them. Most people could throw them and see no big loss or increase in distance over current driver X.

The Orc was my first disc I broke 400' with, and I agree, they can be really nice. My problem is usually finding them stable enough for my liking. I got a few that were out of the box rollers and sort of gave up on the mold. I think the stiff champs with a moderate dome were the best for me, but that probably doesn't mean that all of those are good either....

The good ones are sweet fliers though, and are very predictable. Its just not one of the hot new discs out there, so people don't talk about them. Most people could throw them and see no big loss or increase in distance over current driver X.

This is exactly what I'm finding out. Nuke, Flick, Xcal, Flash... Used less and less, Enter the Orc!

I've also found it does what it needs to do with the wind, into the wind, and in a cross wind. Best all around driver on the market?

I used to throw the Orc. Basically I used it as a spike hyzer disc only.
Maybe it's time to dig thru the boxes and revisit the ORC!

This is exactly what I'm finding out. Nuke, Flick, Xcal, Flash... Used less and less, Enter the Orc!

I've also found it does what it needs to do with the wind, into the wind, and in a cross wind. Best all around driver on the market?

I'm sorry, but the PD has that title. Orcs are nice though. No question about that.

I have MAD love for the orc! I dont throw any innova discs but the orc. Its a VERY flipy predictable far flyer. I throw old BEAT to hell champs for turnovers and LONG distance shots. I throw nightshifts for a Spike Hyza. I started throwing 167g orcs bc they flip more when beat in. Every other disc i throw is atleast 175+. Nothing flys like the 167g OLD champ orcs.

When you got your replacement was it the flight ## ones? They seem to have a lil diffrent flight pattern.

You should try a OS nightshift or a specail blend in a light weight. Sickest disc ever made.

I have thrown Orcs for the last 3 years, and I love all of my older Orcs. They were all relatively flat, very consistent from disc to disc, great HST with reliable LSS.

But recently the love story as soured. My biggest beef with the Orc became the fact that Innova started releasing them much, much more domey with soooo much flashing they fly nothing like a true Orc should anymore. My 2 newest Orcs have so much flash they fly about as stable as my ESP Preds. It's insane. And everytime I go to the store and feel up champ orcs, they are all dome with lots of sharp flashing.

I picked up Nukes recently and have been surpassing the Orc's distance with less effort.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my nice, older Orcs. I have faith in the mold. But the new Orcs with all that dome and all that flash just piss me off. They fly like **** and I have no desire to take the time to wear off all that flash just to get them in the neighborhood of how a Orc should fly.

Yes i leave flash how i get it. I have yet to get into discmania bc the disc names
PD2
PD
TD
DD2
CD
TD2
FD
GM
MD2
P2

The names honestly drive me away not that i cannot infer its just alot to take in when i start looking at names.

Last edited:
I have thrown Orcs for the last 3 years, and I love all of my older Orcs. They were all relatively flat, very consistent from disc to disc, great HST with reliable LSS.

But recently the love story as soured. My biggest beef with the Orc became the fact that Innova started releasing them much, much more domey with soooo much flashing they fly nothing like a true Orc should anymore. My 2 newest Orcs have so much flash they fly about as stable as my ESP Preds. It's insane. And everytime I go to the store and feel up champ orcs, they are all dome with lots of sharp flashing.

I picked up Nukes recently and have been surpassing the Orc's distance with less effort.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my nice, older Orcs. I have faith in the mold. But the new Orcs with all that dome and all that flash just piss me off. They fly like **** and I have no desire to take the time to wear off all that flash just to get them in the neighborhood of how a Orc should fly.

I think the inconsistencies are common on a several molds - I have 4 nukes, and they all fly very different. From understable to very overstable. I've heard some people say that some colors are more OS than others as well.

Yes i leave flash how i get it. I have yet to get into discmania bc the disc names
PD2 - Chaos
PD - Freak
TD - Rush
DD2 - Frenzy
CD - Craze
TD2 - Fever
FD - Jackal
GM - Gremlin
MD2 - Fiend
P2 - Psycho

The names honestly drive me away not that i cannot infer its just alot to take in when i start looking at names.

Not bad names.

Same question. There isn't any info on their website about their plastics. At least this senile old man couldn't find any.

d-dx
p-pro
c- champion
s- star

beats me on the 5th type. they are molded by Innova after all.

The names arent bad they just confuse me i know cd is control driver but when you look at them as a whole its alot to take in.