• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] OS Compliment to Roc3

cdaddyphresh

Par Member
Hello all, I cycles Roc3s and have a beat DX Roc for those understable shots, but I can't find something to fill the spot I'm looking for. I was using a Buzzz OS for that slot, but I need something with a little more fade. I've had a Buzzz OS for a while, so I figured it was seasoned. I added a new one to the bag and it's not as overstable as I remember. I'm looking for something that's a little more overstable. I was hoping to reduce molds and got a Metal Flake Roc3, but it's not the right disc for the gap.

I have thought about - Verdict, Hornet, Drone, Flat Ring of Gator, and Justice. I would love some input on what you use, and what you've thrown. Thanks!

Wasp is my go-to recommendation, but its stability is similar to a Buzzz OS. Hornet and Verdict are similar stability but are faster. Drone is probably what you want. Gator and Justice are significantly shorter than the others due to their lack of glide.

What you need is a MVP Vector. It has an almost identical flight path to a Roc3 but with a bit less glide. The vector doesn't fade harder than the Roc3, actually a bit less, but it fades sooner, and stays in the air longer after the fade starts. I get about 10 extra feet from a Roc3 over a Vector, but the Vector is about 2-3 feet farther left(right backhand throw) .
The Vector also has the advantage of a very similar profile to the Roc3 so they are easy to switch back and forth between holes.
I bag a Champion Roc3, but not the Vector. If I need short fade shot, I throw a putter, usually my Envy. I can throw my Envy as far as my Roc3, maybe farther if I have a high ceiling.

Last edited:
What you need is a MVP Vector. It has an almost identical flight path to a Roc3 but with a bit less glide. The vector doesn't fade harder than the Roc3, actually a bit less, but it fades sooner, and stays in the air longer after the fade starts. I get about 10 extra feet from a Roc3 over a Vector, but the Vector is about 2-3 feet farther left(right backhand throw) .
The Vector also has the advantage of a very similar profile to the Roc3 so they are easy to switch back and forth between holes.
I bag a Champion Roc3, but not the Vector. If I need short fade shot, I throw a putter, usually my Envy. I can throw my Envy as far as my Roc3, maybe farther if I have a high ceiling.

I have a vector, but it was too similar to my roc3s, also I think it has lost some stability and doesn't have as big of fade as what I want.

I have a vector, but it was too similar to my roc3s, also I think it has lost some stability and doesn't have as big of fade as what I want.

I think the first run vectors were domey and overstable. You're right about the newer ones.

Have you tried a glow champ roc 3? I also think I've read that the metal flakes are fairly overstable as well.

I was going to say the MVP Vector, but I see the previous posts. You might look into the MVP Tensor as a more OS disc. I generally don't throw anything more OS than the Vector or Roc3, but if I did I'd probably get a Gator or a Whippet.

I think the first run vectors were domey and overstable. You're right about the newer ones.

Have you tried a glow champ roc 3? I also think I've read that the metal flakes are fairly overstable as well.

I bag a Glow Champ roc3 and it it's my straight flyer. I bag a 1x Flat Roc3 that's my overstable and a newer 3x one that is straight with a nice predictable fade, but not as much as my 1x. I do have a Metal Flake one, but I was reading in the thread that they aren't as stable. The one I have is pretty domey and has slightly lower PLH than my 1x. Haven't had a chance to try it though.

I was going to say the MVP Vector, but I see the previous posts. You might look into the MVP Tensor as a more OS disc. I generally don't throw anything more OS than the Vector or Roc3, but if I did I'd probably get a Gator or a Whippet.

Thanks! I actually have a couple Ring of Gators that are Flat. I did bag them at one point and remember them being super beefy. I've been playing around with this spot for a while. I've had a Ti Drone that is copper that I had an ace with and decided to take it out. Then I tried the Buzzz OS and Wasp and got aces both of those and ever since the Buzzz has stayed in my bag and just isn't what I remember. It isn't fading as much and it skips forward instead of right (rhfh).

Heavy Opto Trident might work too. I have thrown some that are short like a mid and really stable, and some lighter GL ones that end up being like an Eagle X. Sentinel might work if you want to try that too.

Having thrown most of these I would say a Beefy Trident or a Justice are what you want. Nothing wrong with the Drone either.

I use a beaded glow champion gator for this slot. Any (beaded or beadless) Champ or Star Gator will work just fine.

I tried many and ended up going with beaded champ gator for this slot. It's my only non-discraft mid these days.

I don't think you could go wrong with a Cryztal or Z Zone or Cryztal BuzzzOS - they go plenty far, BH or FH, and you get a nice, clean release, without a bead. The plastics are durable and grippy. Not stock, but they aren't too hard to find.

My os mid is a justice. Thing of beauty. Great for bh and fh shots. Get out trouble and drives that need big fade. Gets a nice skip too. I like throwing em on slight anys which flex back and fade hard.

I use a beaded glow champion gator for this slot. Any (beaded or beadless) Champ or Star Gator will work just fine.

A star gator is pretty nice. I had a one for about a year. Picked up alot of glide but lost a bit of stability. Will overlap some with a roc3 eventually. I lost it before i started throwing roc3s i think.

Champ gator though are sweet. Had mine for over a year now and hasnt changed flight at all. Way more stable then a roc3, no way there will be overlap in a year unless you throw it a ton combined with road rash etc.

I dont throw my champ gator a whole lot. It usually comes out for straight to alot of fade holes around 250. Also awesome FH roller disc. Whomever told me to try it for rollers on here saved me some strokes.

Id really like to try a non beaded gator someday.