• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] OS fd?

Dunno... my C-Line FD was (and is) less stable than my Star TLs fresh out of the box. Throws straight with a hint of turnover, just a little dumpy fade back. The FD is *not* a Teebird.
:doh:

No one is saying that a FD is a Teebird. What I'm saying is that at his power level, which is sub 300', a FD will have enough fade. If not, go get a Teebird. FD2 has a very similar grip as a FD (just a little more of a blunt nose), but is slower and will be shorter than a Teebird or FD.

Really want to be sure to get a more overstable FD, email Ryan at the DM store. He'll point you in the right direction.

No one is saying that a FD is a Teebird. What I'm saying is that at his power level, which is sub 300', a FD will have enough fade.

And that is exactly my point of disagreement with you: I am a sub-300 noodle-arm speaking from the personal experience of throwing my own C-Line FD that it might NOT have "enough fade". I am saying from noodle-armed experience that the FD is not even as stable as a Star TL, much less a Teebird.

And that's you. I can throw a FD well over 350' and my C-lines aren't turning over unless I'm forcing them. "Fade" and "turning over" are subjective in most cases. YMMV is always applicable based on form.

FD2 has a GREAT feel for me as a sidearm disc. That blunted nose just nestles into the hand so beautifully. I'm diggin' it.

And that's you. I can throw a FD well over 350' and my C-lines aren't turning over unless I'm forcing them. "Fade" and "turning over" are subjective in most cases. YMMV is always applicable based on form.

For an RHBH thrower, "turn" and "turn over" means moves to the right while "fade" means moves to the left. In earlier posts, you said at the level the OP was throwing, it would have "enough fade" or move to the left... and now you say you're nowhere near the OP's throwing level AND start deflecting by talking about "turn", which is the opposite of "fade".

I am saying, and as someone much closer to the OP's throwing level, that a C-Line FD might not have "enough fade", and certainly not the OP's stated desire for Teebird-type flight.

Side note: my form is fine; not everyone with even perfect form can throw an FD 350 feet....

For an RHBH thrower, "turn" and "turn over" means moves to the right while "fade" means moves to the left. In earlier posts, you said at the level the OP was throwing, it would have "enough fade" or move to the left... and now you say you're nowhere near the OP's throwing level AND start deflecting by talking about "turn", which is the opposite of "fade".

I am saying, and as someone much closer to the OP's throwing level, that a C-Line FD might not have "enough fade", and certainly not the OP's stated desire for Teebird-type flight.

Side note: my form is fine; not everyone with even perfect form can throw an FD 350 feet....

:rolleyes: more gibberish

Never had a second run FD. Has discmania done a good job matching the fd2 to that run or what are the differences

FD2 feels a tick slower to me, as its edge is a little blunter feeling to me. Also feels tad more OS and therefore, has less glide and distance potential.

I will put an FD2 in the bag when I know there's a risky shot over water where I would typically throw a 2nd run.

2nd run most comparable to a teebird, where a FD2 is more banshee

FD2 feels a tick slower to me, as its edge is a little blunter feeling to me. Also feels tad more OS and therefore, has less glide and distance potential.

I will put an FD2 in the bag when I know there's a risky shot over water where I would typically throw a 2nd run.

2nd run most comparable to a teebird, where a FD2 is more banshee
Exactly.

Only thing I'd add is that they tend to develop a little more glide and the fade starts to mellow once they beat in. I have one that's been in the bag for over a year that is getting beat to the point of being close to a fresh 2nd run FD. That said, it's still not a second run FD. ;)

Oh lord. I recently bid on two 2nd run CFDs. Previously, I was purposely trying to avoid getting into them, because I dont want to fall in love with a mold that is difficult to find. Lets see if I made a big mistake or not.

Oh lord. I recently bid on two 2nd run CFDs. Previously, I was purposely trying to avoid getting into them, because I dont want to fall in love with a mold that is difficult to find. Lets see if I made a big mistake or not.

best/worst decision you'll have made in your dg life.