• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OTB Open

The worst part about the west coast swing is that I can't watch FPO on Friday mornings at work.
Prediction: Rathbun and Weatherman get another podium finish in back to back events.

My 2 takeaways from round 1

Paul has a weird full body follow-through to the left. Disc flies well it seems but it does look really nonstandard

Emersons caddie is the woo lady, right? Although seems just a lady now, for which we are all grateful. Or maybe Rickys shots were just that much more wooable
Woooos lose their impact if overdone. less Woooos = more.

i'm still hoping Mcbeth gives it his best podium run today. it wouldn't be the first time the greatness scares his way towards a win.

...and another final round dud by Handley. I really want to see her do good, but she just folds time after time on the last day. Grrrrrrrrr!
Paige Pierce on the other hand looked like the old Paige, hole 14 not withstanding. She looked like she was having fun again.

Tried watching it a few times, but fell asleep. Even "count the roller" got boring after the fifth one in two holes. Can't believe they picked this track for next year's Champions Cup. I can't even work up any excitement about top 10 finishes for Madison, Paige P, and Hanna.

Tried watching it a few times, but fell asleep. Even "count the roller" got boring after the fifth one in two holes. Can't believe they picked this track for next year's Champions Cup. I can't even work up any excitement about top 10 finishes for Madison, Paige P, and Hanna.
4 of us watched Round 2 at our AirBnB for the Lake Marshall Open- falling asleep ratio was 3/1.

My picks:
1. Nat
2. Ohn
3. Ella

1. Rathbun
2. GB
3. AB

Not a bad set of picks. Nat played herself out of contention on Saturday, but had an impressive hot round in the final. Ohn's gutsy putting--especially on hole 10 every day--was fun to watch. I love that Ella won while playing her game. She's putting better this year, and if that keeps up, she'll be in contention often.

Not a bad set of picks. Nat played herself out of contention on Saturday, but had an impressive hot round in the final. Ohn's gutsy putting--especially on hole 10 every day--was fun to watch. I love that Ella won while playing her game. She's putting better this year, and if that keeps up, she'll be in contention often.
My MPO picks ended a bit worse, but my "darkhorse" pick of Rathbun wasn't far off.

Really happy to see Ella play well and finish.

First of all, I love live disc golf. I don't watch post-produced much anymore, just replay what I missed at 1.5x speed later that night.

I know this is a constant bitching point around here, but I just couldn't take this course, even with the improvements - and I'll watch grainy C-tiers if it's interesting. Could anyone tell one green from another if they were in C2? Even the "drama-filled water holes"... did anyone that threw a half-decent shot have any risk? Unfortunately unwatchable for me but I'm stoked for Vinny, he can win on any type of course.

My MPO picks ended a bit worse, but my "darkhorse" pick of Rathbun wasn't far off.

Really happy to see Ella play well and finish.

I'll take your word for it. I've never made it through watching a round of MPO.

R3 on Jomez is worth the watch. Both previous rounds lack the shot making and the course doesnt really help. Ok, the water spiced it up some.

Otherwise, zero elevation, yawn. I really hate par 5s on this kind of course since usually people just spread out to where ever, and you have no idea where they are in relation to their next shot and what they are trying to do. Bunch of frolfers each meandering their way to the pin. Big whoop.

Who was Rathbun with the last time he was sponsored? Somebody slept on him big time.

Latest posts