• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Otter Open.. Not Nate's best round.

There are two sides to every coin and I suppose infinite sides if you are patient enough to balance them.

On one side...stop slandering people on the internet.
On the other side...hey, whether you like it or not you are a "celebrity" and if you kick a grandmother in public there are going to be people talking smack on the internet so maybe start taking that "pro" moniker seriously and be a professional.

A year later we find out the Granny was a masochist and asked the guy to kick her out of her wheelchair in some kind of kinky public fetish prank...and we fried the guy.

Thanks for coming on and straightening us out. Its easy for people here (it is the internet) to run around with 3rd hand stories and take them whatever direction they'd like. I know I, and others, appreciate your perspective, and our big fans of what you guys are doing with the sport.

Ditto! Looking forward to more from the Nonstop Tour. :clap:

It's kinda sad but in Disc Golf, just like any other sport...there are haters who love to make up bulls*** & cause drama where none existed while they hide behind their computers.

99% of them are simply jealous because they don't have the skills to compete with the real pros. The other 1%, well let's just say that their parents forgot to teach them to how to act like mature human beings.

Way to kill the rumors Dave, keep it up. Between you, Nikko, and Will, I'd say you are the most exciting professionals to watch. You guys are definitely in the spotlight more, so any negativity is going to be put out for all too see. Haters gonna hate.

Are you guys selling any limited edition plastic to help with fundage, if so post it in the marketplace. I'd be interested.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the good words said about us. I was just trying to clear the air, we want you to talk about whatever. I just hate rumors, we are trying our best out there. Playing to break even is a tough career choice, but we love the game. I know haters gonna hate, but remember we are all one big family and some stuff hurts. I have thick skin, but I love the game as well as the people. You are all we have and so we value your opinions. We hope you follow us on our new site nonstopdiscgolf.com, it is almost ready. Hopefully you will attend one of our events and see how we are going to give back this year.

I appreciate all the good words said about us. I was just trying to clear the air, we want you to talk about whatever. I just hate rumors, we are trying our best out there. Playing to break even is a tough career choice, but we love the game. I know haters gonna hate, but remember we are all one big family and some stuff hurts. I have thick skin, but I love the game as well as the people. You are all we have and so we value your opinions. We hope you follow us on our new site nonstopdiscgolf.com, it is almost ready. Hopefully you will attend one of our events and see how we are going to give back this year.

Ok.. ok.. All is well and good.. But what about that 'misplaced' putter?

Also, Dave.. I have to say, I read your bio on DiscNation's website and my respect for you went up 10 fold. I had back surgery in high school which took me out of playing most physical sports, which is why I fell in love with Disc golf.. It's a sport, but the lack of physical contact made me feel more safe than say.. playing football(or even ultimate). When I found out about your medical history with your car accident, foot and ankle problems, etc.. I have to say, even if it sounds super cheesy and stupid, you are an inspiration. To continue being a top-class athlete and an ambassador to our sport after having to overcome those injuries... Well done sir, well done.

The last 2.5 pages or so of this thread are awesome. It's why I love this game. Where else can you get solid, open discussion like this between the fans, who admittedly are fans and get fanatical, and the stars of the sport. This kind of stuff is what makes disgolf different. Respect to all who participated in this, bravo.

Still was a good day out. I think a lot of people were hoping that Dave would blow it, but you have to hand it to him after keeping the composure to throw his upshot after the tree OB on the final hole. I can't remember what exactly he said to me after making the shot, but he was definitely pretty pleased with himself and the shot - and not in a cocky kind of way either.

Last edited:
Still was a good day out. I think a lot of people were hoping that Dave would blow it, but you have to hand it to him after keeping the composure to throw his upshot after the tree OB on the final hole. I can't remember what exactly he said to me after making the shot, but he was definitely pretty pleased with himself and the shot - and not in a cocky kind of way either.

huh?

It went right down to the last hole and it was a pretty excellent finish to the Otter Open. It seemed quite a few of the people there were hoping that Will would catch up - partially for the competitiveness of it and partially for the perceived "putter incident." Even with the small amount of bickering that happened it was a great and enjoyable day.

Lots of fun to watch the pros play - get to learn new routs at holes (most that we can't do because of distance limitations), and you learn that even these guys can't always throw the best shots. I think 3 out of the 4 on the top card crashed into the trees near the green on hole 11, the long par 4.

It went right down to the last hole and it was a pretty excellent finish to the Otter Open. It seemed quite a few of the people there were hoping that Will would catch up - partially for the competitiveness of it and partially for the perceived "putter incident." Even with the small amount of bickering that happened it was a great and enjoyable day.

Lots of fun to watch the pros play - get to learn new routs at holes (most that we can't do because of distance limitations), and you learn that even these guys can't always throw the best shots. I think 3 out of the 4 on the top card crashed into the trees near the green on hole 11, the long par 4.

Makes more sense! Good insider info. :thmbup:

Latest posts