• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

our own local record holder

gianetics

Birdie Member
Chris Hysell is the record holder for most aces in a single season.

5-8-1999 Grange May Monthly Hole # 9. ~ 275'
6-12-1999 Battlefield Open
6-19-1999 DGCofN.VA Match Play Hole #16. ~ 220'
7-10-1999 Bayville Pro Am "C" Tier Hole #12. ~ 240'
7-25-1999 Richmond Monthly/ Gillies Creek Pk Hole #13. ~ 260'
12-5-1999 Pohick Bay Fling-A-Thing "C" Tier Hole #5. ~ 190'

i dont know how current these records are, but dam good job hysell!
ive been looking for a feel good thread for a while now.

http://www.frivolist.com/records.htm

side note, youngest player to ace: 8 year old Nathan Sofinowski (#15072),hit a 185' ace at in Lewisville, Texas

Cubby has alot more..

images_zpsc27d3389.jpg

Ten under par over 9 holes in 1 min and 45 seconds?? Even if the course is 500' total, that's still damn fast.

I know the kid that has the youngest ace. It was about 200ft and he was like 6. He was in some sort of record book for that year. Something like 2009.

Video of some people shooting a 19 under in a doubles round for the course record. I'd say that was a pretty hot round.

Hat Trick

I witnessed a hat trick earlier this summer playing with Rudy at our Whistler course , think its on page 35 on DGCR aces .
Should that be submitted , or does it have to be a sanctioned event ? It was just a casual round , and we only played the front and back nine , skipping the middle nine.

Video of some people shooting a 19 under in a doubles round for the course record. I'd say that was a pretty hot round.

What is that a 9 hole course?

I've shot 18 under a number of times in our weekly glow mixed doubles league. Once with a 13 yo girl as a partner. She made a big 40' putt from some woods. Bailey Road Park. Haven't in a few years though, made the course a bit harder with some longer pins and 2 new holes.

Our Pitch and Putt course here in Raleigh has had a -20 in doubles once. In fact, that same night someone shot -19.

The most legendary round here in NC was at NC oldest course, Horizons. Larry Leonard, with witnesses, shot a -20 in singles.

Hole 1 is about 140 feet and wide open and according to Larry, he would always ace run hole 1 to start out (practice rounds that is) in hopes of shooting a -19. He said he hit the ace many times and had loads of -18's (both with an without an ace) but never could shoot -19.

Well one day he hit hole 1 and started playing. He deuced 13 and he is now -14. He gets to 14 and aces that. He the birdies out for a -20. Stupid sick.

Do you mean...The Claw?

:D

Clark the Claw has many aces.

I just had number 144 yesterday on the 1st throw in random doubles at Elk Creek in Appomattox hole 10. It made me look up how many different courses in the state I have aced on. It was 21. This year I have had many aces, the last few years, not so much.

Does anyone know of a 36 in a PDGA event? I'm sure there have been quite a few, but I haven't found one yet.

Latest posts