• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Out of the Bag

dwindacatcher

Eagle Member
I thought it could be interesting to see what we all have removed from our bag this year. Not lost, but made the choice to take it out of youra in bag (I only have the one, but I know a lot of you have multiple).

This is the first year I've really tried to improve my game and not just be good enough to beat my friends, so I had a lot of turnover as my form improved and I could make discs do work naturaly instead of forcing them to do it. Heck, before this year I only carried one midrange and only used it for anny shots from basket to 150 feet.

Drivers

FLX Avenger SS - I've used and abused it for years, but I've cut down on my driver molds and I have a wraith that flies the same.
Champion Roadrunner - this one replaced a lost one, but this disc never really clicked with me. I more carried it around for a few months than threw it.
Blizzard Katana - came out at beginning of the year. I love the look of a katana's flight, but I don't play anywhere that I can throw it.
Blizzard Boss - I lost a blizzard boss in the late fall and replaced it this spring. This one never clicked.
Star Boss - I used the heck out of this disc. I love the boss. I find it easier to control than a destroyer, but as I moved to eliminate molds this one lost out. I can't do as much with the boss as with a wraith.
Star destroyer - I only ever used it as a second tee shot. Destroyers have never been my jam.
Star Vulcan - replaced by a beat wraith.

Fairway Drivers
Champion TL - decided to go with just the old regular teebird.
Gold Line River - my teebirds cover the shots I used it for.
Eclipse Glow Amp - was a factory misprint I tried out for a few months. It doesn't fly right, but I tried to find a use for it (neat triple stamp). It's overstable. Like, felon overstable.

Midrange
Dx Roc - I went from no midrange in my bag to to many. This one lost out.
KC Pro Roc - roc3 bumped this one. Both rock might find there way back in. I'm currently trying to decide on what midrange I want to carry as o carry a few that overlap. If I decide to go roc these will probably go back in to get beat up.

Putters
Mvp Ion 3rd run - I don't like it for putts, but do for upshots. Problem is its an ugly green, previous owner did some ugly sharpie work, and it doesn't fly like newer ions so I can't get a compliment to it for a reasonable price.
Soft Magnet x3 - putter I switched to last year. Decided to try firmer putters this year so these got bounced.
Champion aviar - I honestly bought it because it looked cool (red yellow clear tye dye). Pain in the rear to find. Replaced it with a bright pink envy.

I'm often experimenting, so discs are in and out of my bag, but here are some of the "bigger" changes:

Probably the Valkyrie and the Roc3 coming out of my bag in the past few months are the biggest ones. The Compass and then the Titanium Buzzz replaced the Roc3. The Valkyrie was replaced by the Fury (and recently, the Sidewinder) on the more understable side, and the Saint on the more stable side.

The Prodigy M4 finally came out of the bag, as I found the Star Mirage is really more of a mid than an approach disc on the understable side.

Lost my Heat and haven't replaced it so it's out. Might revisit if the gap between P-PD and Seer warrants it.

Tried out the Roach and Swan1 in place of the Serpent for putting. Just couldn't out-perform the Serpent.

Not sure if last year or this year but the Evidence replaced my Squall too.

I've purchased dozens of discs in the last nine months and currently have 23 in my bag

I'm not going to bore anyone with specifics why any got booted or we'd be here all night!

The short version is that, once I got a full bag, I shifted from having a ton of 12-13 speed discs and a full handful of mids to my current lineup which is dominated by 7-9 speed discs with only 4 DDs (Daedalus is likely gone as soon as I need room for something new) and only 3 mids

The Comet has been in my bag the longest, followed by the Boss

Here's the list of rejects (in no particular order)
Missilen
Raketen
Cannon
Champ Teerex (I still bag two Star Teerexs)
Katana
Starfire
Avenger
Witness
Whippet
Leopard
Kite
Fugitive
Buzzz
Rancho Roc
Rattler
DevilHawk
Scale (just got too beat up - I bag a newer one)
Ibex
Mako3
Wave
Blizzard Wraith (bag a Champ)
Archangel
Aviar
Sole
Unlace
Valkyrie
Clash
Groove
Blizzard Boss
Pig

Also lost a Nuke and won't replace it

Z tracker, got to league where entry is a disc, winner picks first. Forgot the one I wanted to throw in, figured that's the one that I would miss the least.

My bag doesn't change that much. I try new molds/plastics from time to time. A vast majority of them never get used besides to test them out during field work. My tournament bag rarely changes. Though this year I did change up my driving putters.

KC Aviars - I just recently stopped cycling KC Aviars. I carried 3 KC Aviars in my bag for driving/approaches. I did that for a few years. They covered every slot I needed well (New Overstable, Seasoned to Straight, Beat to Understable). The problem was I hated when I had Aviars beat in between those slots. Like when an Aviar had noticeably less fade than when it was new but not quite straight yet. I don't have room in my bag to carry more Aviars so I couldn't keep those "in between Aviars" in there (cycling 5 probably would have been perfect). I also couldn't bring myself to throw them into a wall to try to get them to my desired level of stability. So now after years of cycling I have a bunch of KC Aviars. I'm not mad though because I still putt with KCs & prefer them a little beat up anyway. I play a lot of very wooded courses. So I decided I wanted a KC Aviar that would beat in very slowly. So now I use a Glow Champion BB Aviar. I've also paired it with a Nova to round out my driving putters. I do miss having a flippy driving putter. I might throw one back into the mix. Though I've been working on flicking my Gator a lot lately. So the loss of my flippy putter hasn't impacted my game as much as I originally thought it would.

Took these ones out of my bag from last year:
Mantis, Aviar, Cro, Giant, Buzzz, Scythe, Envy, Tursas

Briefly in the bag this year (good discs):
eMac Truth, Serpent, Longbowman, Tyrant, Valkyrie

Briefly in the bag this year (duds):
Freedom, Zephyr, Raptor, Lockjaw, Roc3

Opto culverin, tried to replace my spd but its slower and doesnt go as far in headwind. Volt is straighter and more stable in headwind

I took out the Wrath in favor of the Defy. Wrath is a great disc, but I wasn't getting much separation with it from my Craves.

I haven't changed much this year. Here is what changed:

OUT
- Decodye Mace
- Goldline Mace
- domey metal flake Gator

IN
- Prototype Verdict (replaced Decodye Mace)
- Fuzion Verdict (replaced Goldline Mace)
- FAF glow Gator (replaced metal flake Gator)

I was inconsistent with the Mace and realized I like the feel if a thinner rimmed mid. I pair the Verdict with the Claymore. To me they feel similar in the hand.

I am thinking about putting a Hatchet back in the bag for rollers and turnovers. My TL isn't breaking in fast enough for rollers yet and I am not sure if it will be what I am looking for in that spot anyways.

This is my first year in the game so i went through just about every mold i could afford to walk away with. I will say that with the help of everyone here i dodged a couple form confusing setups. For example, BlizChamp Katana and Boss. Once i actually started throwing correctly i realised those were way too light and fast for me. :doh: Like many noobs i was getting ahead of myself. :)

I swap out a lot of discs depending on the course, but here's the major changes for this year. I'm certainly playing with a lot more mids now.

Out: Rhyno, Wedge, Meteor, Stalker, XL, Surge SS, Suspect, Wizard, Stratus

In: Comet, Roc3 (DX/Star), Leopard, Gator, Valkyrie

Ending last year, my bag was 95% Prodigy. I've removed most of that.

Dropped:
D2s for DDx
D3s for CD2s
H3 for PDs
F2 for RDG Tyrants
F5s for FDs
PA1s for Scales
PA4s for Nova

Added Firebird, MOAB, and A3.

I was full-on fanboi for Prodigy simply because I love how their plastic feels so much, but the truth is, they are too inconsistent and I'd rather go with something that I can grab and know how it will fly without having to relearn.

This year I dropped out bosses and vulcans. All of my distance drives are now covered by a variety of star wraiths.

I also did quite a bit of cleaning in the midranges--no more spider, no more M2.

There were also a few tryout discs that eventually got cut: first run XT colt, pinacle patriot.

Looked in "the stack" and the only standout for neglect this year the groove.

As somebody who loves and defends that wacky POS I kinda feel like I should rebag it.

Latest posts