• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Overstable complement to the Comet

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
I have recently put the mighty Comet back in my bag, and I forgot just how fantastic this thing is.

While I am using it to work on my form, we've had some spring winds kicking up locally and I am curious as to what other Comet throwers use as the OS complement to it. I currently use an MVP Tensor, but the feel in the hand is extremely different. I have been looking at Roc3s and M3s, but I feel like the fade might not be as much as what I am looking for.

Any thoughts/suggestions here would be great. I prefer Champ/Opto/Z plastic, and I am trying to keep things around 170 grams to keep me honest as far as form goes. Thanks!

Rocs are the stock answer here. I think the M3 would be great in that role. I'm trying it in place of Z Wasps, which were in the bag when I threw Comets. It does have a ton of glide and speed.

How overstable? I use a 12x KC roc for that spot, it's plenty fine in all but the nastiest winds and it feels nice and similar in the hand to a comet. My mid lineup is a KC roc, 2 dx rocs (all rancho) and a comet. Covers every shot I need.

How overstable? I use a 12x KC roc for that spot, it's plenty fine in all but the nastiest winds and it feels nice and similar in the hand to a comet. My mid lineup is a KC roc, 2 dx rocs (all rancho) and a comet. Covers every shot I need.

I tossed an Icon Ghost recently and found that to have less fade than I wanted. So maybe a Roc3? Haven't thrown one yet to know if it will fade a little harder due to the Champ plastic.

The lightest Vector you can find.

Tried that awhile back with a 170 gram Neutron Vector. Not my jam. Much faster out of the hand than I want.

Wasp or Roc3. Right now I have a Roc3 in the bag I'm digging, but I'm thinking about re-trying out Z and TI Wasps.

Nobody has said Drone yet. Last time I felt them, they seemed pretty similar in the hand.

Mace might feel good in your hand.

Tried the Mace and didn't love it, but it might have been due to OAT. Beaded mids are killing me lately, but that's why I am giving the Comet another run - to work out the OAT.

I am leaning Wasp or Roc3 because they are widely available and I can get them down at 170 to keep it consistent with my Comet. Now I just need to decide which one. Does either fare better in the wind?

My Wasp is a 168, and I don't remember it being affected by wind, ever. It is a pretty recent addition, and I might not have used it on a windy day. But if I don't remember the wind affecting it, wind must not affect it. :thmbup:

SCIENCE

What about a D Drone? DGC has a few available in the 150's-160's. You said you wanted premium plastic, but, it's only 8 bucks. Maybe you could cycle them, if you like 'em.

I like the Nebula for this spot - fights wind and predictable fade, but not as overstable as the Drone.

That said, they aren't plentiful. :\
Try a Roc3 - if you don't like it, it should hold decent value and be quite tradeable.

Last edited:
The Roc3 flies very similarly to the Axis. And Z Buzzz. I think he wants more overstability.

The Roc3 flies very similarly to the Axis. And Z Buzzz. I think he wants more overstability.

Yep. Still want straight, but with more fade than an Axis for sure. Hornet maybe? From what I've read about the Drone it is more beef than I want.

Let me put it this way - what will fly like a max weight Z Buzzz at a lower weight, but feel like a Comet?

Latest posts