• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Overstable Driver

pmorgan1214

Eagle Member
Can we compare some drivers from all companies and see if i can find my companion.

Looking for- i throw RHBH and i also throw RHFH. Mainly backhand but i am looking to compare overstable drivers for both throws.

Stilleto: 13 2 +1 +6

Nuke OS: 13 4 0 3 disc nation ratings

Ape: 13 5 0 4

Villian: 12 4 0 4- i have this disc and it is super nice for straight shots then hyzer at the end. hyzer is still a little less than i want. :(

D1: 12 5 0 4 disc nation ratings- never thrown prodigy and i am unsure if i want to.

Giant: 13 5 1 4- i have only thrown a beat one. flew straight then hyzer.

World: 14 5 +1 4- flies more like a 12 5 -1.5 3 they are not accurate with those ratings.

if anyone can think of anything i left out feel free to post. i am looking to get rid of my worlds since they dont fly like they are supposed to. I'm also looking for speed 11 and higher. :thmbup:

I have a minty 8.5/10 No Ink Orange Champion Ape 172 gram I'd trade you for a World. I'm looking for something less stable then the Ape.

Giants in general are more like a very stable destroyer. Usually they fly flat and then fade hard if you throw them 360+. They are an awesome head wind max d driver, but not what you are looking for.

My recommendation would be a c pd2. It's like a beefier, faster xcal but definitely less os than a nuke os or stiletto. In a good way.

Giants in general are more like a very stable destroyer. Usually they fly flat and then fade hard if you throw them 360+. They are an awesome head wind max d driver, but not what you are looking for.

My recommendation would be a c pd2. It's like a beefier, faster xcal but definitely less os than a nuke os or stiletto. In a good way.

C pd2 is almost comparible to a Villian am i correct???

I'm looking for that backhand that will fly well in the wind and not roll over. and on the forehand side i am looking for a disc that i more than likely will oversnap and roll over and then will fade hard.

I have a minty 8.5/10 No Ink Orange Champion Ape 172 gram I'd trade you for a World. I'm looking for something less stable then the Ape.

i might be willing to do that. i also have a buddy that has an ape and it is super overstable. i am just not exactly sure what i want just yet. that is the hardest part. The stilleto is looking super nice but that glide is just like looking at a sexy girl then looking at her face and be like damn you ugly. the stilletto is what i want but it just that glide.

i might be willing to do that. i also have a buddy that has an ape and it is super overstable. i am just not exactly sure what i want just yet. that is the hardest part. The stilleto is looking super nice but that glide is just like looking at a sexy girl then looking at her face and be like damn you ugly. the stilletto is what i want but it just that glide.

Let me know cause I want to try out a World. Send me a PM if you want to make a deal. :thmbup:

The c pd2 is more os than a villain. I can't exactly tell what you are looking for... If you get something massively os it's not going to have much glide. If you want something that has really good wind fighting ability backhand, and will definitely be hard to roll over forehand a heavy giant might do the trick. It's an awesome disc.

O-lace? Looks between a 13/5/-1/3 and 13/5/0/4 depending on where you look.

If you want a very overstable destroyer type rim look no further than the PD2, CPD2's are touted as being even more overstable. A nukeOS is similar in it's wicked overstability but has a boss width rim and an even more overstable boss width rim is the stilletto. All three are very, very overstable.

The lat 64 Blitz is my go to for backhand shots. very little turn and a decent fade at the end, and can hold its own with the wind. If you're looking for a hard turn The PD2 Chaos was it for me. But i just purchased a stiletto and after one game i think its replacing the PD2 in my bag.

Last edited:
Teerex fits this bill for me. 11 5 0 4. Since you guys are talk inning about speed 13 stuff, might not be the one for u. But, it goes pretty straight for me to about 350 and then begins a hard fade that finishes about 40 ft to the left. The higher the throw, the bigger the fade.

I love the Olace. My gorilla like, oaty friend swears by his Xcalibur. Depending on hw stable you want, both the Quasar and boss are quite stable and yet have good glide, though generally as stability increases, glide decreases.

PD2

I love the Olace. My gorilla like, oaty friend swears by his Xcalibur. Depending on hw stable you want, both the Quasar and boss are quite stable and yet have good glide, though generally as stability increases, glide decreases.

The Boss is not very overstable by any means. If the Boss is a meat hook for you your just not getting it up to speed. I also don't want an argument but stable & overstable are not interchangeable words.

No argument here, and maybe they just vary, but I've run into a boss that's a meathook. OP wasn't clear how stable he wanted, but of course stable and OS are different concepts. I get it. I also find a lot of difference in discs with more high speed vs low speed stability. My XXX is fighting left within inches of leaving my hand. My wasp, on the other hand, will easily turn over and go right, but always dives hard left in its final 10-20 feet.

XXX is a true overstable mold while your wasp/destroyer/boss is only overstable as a result of it not reaching its required cruising speed.

How is the wasp "not reaching its cruising speed" if it's turning over at the beginning of its flight. And also, I have thrown very OS bosses that have 0 (maybe+1) turn at 400'.

I use a Lat64 Blitz for headwind shots or shots I do not want to go right. It has a slightly unusual rim, but it doesn't bother me (and Feldberg seemed to like it as well). It is not as crazy averstable as a Stiletto though. Used this disc a lot today (wind speeds at 9m/s)...