• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overstable fairway driver?

gripNrip91

Bogey Member
I am looking for an over stable fairway driver more stable an XL, was thinking about a teebird but i thought that there would be some overlap, i was thinking a Banshee or Maybe even a Reaper, any suggestions/opinions?

Banshees are great. How overstable do you want to go and how far do you throw?
Are you looking for straight then hard fade or do you want it to turn for the entire flight.

Banshee or XXX. Trident works for some, but seems more limited to me.

i throw my fairways for shots in the 250-310 range sometime longer or shorter depends on wind and if it is uphill or downhill, looking for something that flies straight then fades hard at the end and if i put it on a little anny to come back and also for headwinds

Eagle-X might work for it if you want something a little more workable.

**If looking locally here is how you tell the difference.
both-eagles.jpg

Dx whippet is great. Isn't as overstable as I thought it was going to be. Really nice when it gets a little beat up. I carry 1 but about to put another in the bag I believe.

Eagle-X might work for it if you want something a little more workable.

True enough, an Eagle-X might be a lot more complementary to an XL. A new Banshee can be harshly overstable if you're used to throwing an XL.

banshee and reaper are excellent choices. a whippet or xtreme are less common but really get the job done as overstable fairway drivers. even eagle and teebird should fly more overstable than an XL.

If you want really overstable, Banshee is a good place to go. If you just want something workable, a flat Teebird or an Eagle-X are great options. I also like the FL, but that might be faster than what you are looking for.

I like a Firebird or Trident for that slot in my bag, but a Blaze would work as well - comparable to a Whippet from my experiences...

Something very workable like a teebird( but better :D) Champ glow gazelles, something more towards overstable I would go with a banshee for sure. I throw the exp 1 which is nice. Basically a banshee L mold. I've been thinking about replacing them with banshee. But I like them too much. Plus they come in CE plastic for the low!!!

Latest posts