• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] P2 + Magic

Moonshine

Double Eagle Member
I just picked up an Evolution Magic to pair with my S-P2 for driving duties. It is a little lighter than I would like (marked 170g), but the few throws I've had with it have been promising. I'm hoping the Magic will serve as a nice slightly understable compliment to my stable-overstable P2. They have a very similar feel in the hand. Does anybody else use this combination of putters? Thoughts?

I just picked up an Evolution Magic to pair with my S-P2 for driving duties. It is a little lighter than I would like (marked 170g), but the few throws I've had with it have been promising. I'm hoping the Magic will serve as a nice slightly understable compliment to my stable-overstable P2. They have a very similar feel in the hand. Does anybody else use this combination of putters? Thoughts?

I use a Magic,Wizard combo and I really like it. I know the wizard and the P2 are a little bit different,but the flights are pretty close.

I use a Magic,Wizard combo and I really like it. I know the wizard and the P2 are a little bit different,but the flights are pretty close.

This might be what I end up with as well. I have 10 Wizards, haha, but I figured I'd put the P2 back in the bag and see if I have success with the beadless putter theme.

You'll like that Magic...it's well...it's magic, really. I reach for mine any time I'm inside the circle. I've just stared to experiment with it off the tee although I'll put in another plug for the Wizard/Magic combo here. Good luck, sir!

I was using the wizard magic combo and recently switched to prodigy combo of pa1/pa4. love it. very similar flights but I find the pa4 to be a little more useful than magic. I feel like it's more controllable understable off the tee. don't get me wrong though.. the magic is great disc

Personally, I find that a DX Aviar is a better complement to the P2 than a Magic. You'll have to beat the Aviar up a good bit, but it flies beautifully and feels almost identical to the P2.

Personally, I find that a DX Aviar is a better complement to the P2 than a Magic. You'll have to beat the Aviar up a good bit, but it flies beautifully and feels almost identical to the P2.

Possibly, but the plastic on the Magic is so much better IMO. I have a Warlock coming in, so that's a possibility if I can beat it in enough.

I have heard that the P2 is a BB Aviar top with a P&A bottom. If that's true, they should have a similar feel for sure. I love the Magic. It's so great for short approaches, turnovers, hyzer-flips, tailwinds, downhill, putting.

I have heard that the P2 is a BB Aviar top with a P&A bottom. If that's true, they should have a similar feel for sure. I love the Magic. It's so great for short approaches, turnovers, hyzer-flips, tailwinds, downhill, putting.

The p2 has a spacer in the mold too, it feels huge in the hand

Latest posts