• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce BIG ace.

Every ace (in golf too) has a mixture of luck and skill.

It's skill to get close, and luck that it goes in.

An ace is rarely all luck (skip it off the water, bounce of two trees, goes in - golf or disc golf apply). An ace is never all skill.

550' downhill blind qualifies as high on the skill and relatively low on the luck, just because of the high skill factor.

Stupidity has infected this thread. Someone gets a 550' ace and people jump to say how easy that is! Only on the internet--if you witnessed that ace in person, you'd be amazed, so have a little imagination about what reality is like. And it's not even easy to throw 550' downhill even if you have the requisite power: things like wind, trees, the line you're forced to hit (anny is harder than straight, for instance) all factor in to the difficulty. I'd like to see these people who think aces are all about luck and 550' downhill is easy play--I'm sure you're hitting those 550' lines and getting those lucky aces all day (or blaming luck for not hitting them). I need to step up my game since I haven't even aced my home course's 400' wide open downhill hole (I must be really unlucky, or have no power or something).

Back on track: that's an awesome ace--must have been something to see.

Here's where I'm at....

My game is at the stage where the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around is a 550' par 3! LOL I start to get surly when a course has an inordinate number of par 3's over 400. Even that much downhill.

Guess that's why I'm at work typing this, rather than playing for $$$ somewhere.

Great ace. Kid's a player....

Wait so would someone please just out and out say the name of the course and the hole number she aced? I can't see pics on my work computer and just read 13 pages to not see this.:wall: Much obliged.

Luck...skill...whatever combination of both = still an AWESOME shot!!!

What kind of air time did that shot have I wonder? On that hole is there a way that she could have gotten to where she could see it go in by the time it got there?

Hole 'A' at Wickham Park, Manchester CT.

there's 18 holes and a 4 hole loop labeled A-B-C-D.

What kind of air time did that shot have I wonder? On that hole is there a way that she could have gotten to where she could see it go in by the time it got there?

Not a chance. There were two spotters on the hole though.

Paige is great, I'm a big fan of hers. Great golfer, great person.

She got an incredible ace. Even more impressive she hit the pan the next day (spotter told her).

550' is a long distance to hit an ace.

The math I know and use is: 1' elevation = 3' distance. That means distance wise it would play about 370' (if my 1' = 3' is correct). So 370' in distance and 550' accuracy is absolutely incredible and to duplicate the shot is mind blowing.

I didn't realize she only played that hole a total of two times ever.

seems as if you dont really realize much of anything and you are just talking out your behind because you have an inferiority complex or something. regardless of elevation the disc still has to travel 550ft. the ace is probably the best any woman has ever thrown(correct me if im wrong) and any attempt to discredit it kinda makes someone seem silly(for lack of a more insulting word). even though the true distance is less than 550, it takes a ton of skill to have a disc travel through the air on a precise turnover line for that long. i might even argue that the elevation makes it more difficult. i play a lot of steep elevation here in michigan and it can be a very thin line between turning a disc all the way over and having it hyzer out into oblivion. this ace deserves some serious applause, only on this board will a 550 foot ace by a woman get people discrediting it.

The ace is badass and I would have been equally impressed seeing her hit the basket the second time on the hole.

If i saw the ace i would have been like woo hoo!!! if i saw that basket hit after the ace i would have been like wooooooooo hooooooooo!! I almost think hitting the pole the second time around was just as impressive considering that was the 2nd time on the hole. Paige is a woman god among men.

Aces require skill and luck! If you have a lot of skill the disc does what you want and is considerably closer to the basket every time therefor cutting down on the amount of luck you would need to get an ace over the person who throws into the woods nearly every time. Not hard to figure out.

but yes, I would love to have seen that ace! Amazing player.