• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce is in a class all by herself

I'm talking about 12 FPO wins. It is the equivalent division for women, and would be just as great an accomplishment.

I don't think it is the equivalent.

Open is the best of any gender. FPO is the best of those who only want to play against women.

A true equivalent would be MPO, which does not exist.

Paige DESTROYED a whole lot of good players in the Performance Flight at the USDGC last year...

No, Paige did better compared to her own rating than anyone else that weekend.

Not to say that it isn't a great accomplishment...

I don't think it is the equivalent.

Open is the best of any gender. FPO is the best of those who only want to play against women.

A true equivalent would be MPO, which does not exist.

Semantics.

Lets be honest, Open IS MPO. Can women compete in the divisoin? Sure but outside of a local c or b tier and a few isolated occasions when is that ever the case?

Semantics.

Lets be honest, Open IS MPO. Can women compete in the divisoin? Sure but outside of a local c or b tier and a few isolated occasions when is that ever the case?

Ha, what a coincidence.. Prodigy posted this yesterday.

10981822_857783507621196_5699183956501365745_n.png

she won by 10 based on raw score and would have been next to last cash (although pressure would be higher in open).

Fountain and Vista are about 30 min apart depending on traffic. I seem to recall Trojan being a couple hours from Milo.

to play devils advocate. fiesta lakes, the new course that was added to the memorial this year, is an addition 15-20 minutes farther than vista from fountain. the memorial is a very spread out tournament with the addition of fiesta. not that it wasnt before.

It was called the King of the Hills. I found it by looking up her page. It's the only event listed under "Open".

King of the hills is totally different. The Utah Open was played in Ogden Utah at the Mulligans Grill Golf Course and was unsanctioned. Catrina was the only female so she played open. The only place to find anything about the tournament is at infinite discs, or the Utah Open Facebook Page.

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/utah-open/

I guess my point in making this thread is this: when PP wins, it's by a lot. When she loses, is isn't usually by much.

Nobody wins them all, and Allen is damn good, but if I were a betting man, she would be money in the bank this season.

Latest posts